Author Topic: Which International Motocross Superstar will attend CD5  (Read 6048 times)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Which International Motocross Superstar will attend CD5
« on: November 08, 2007, 08:27:41 am »
Hi Guys,
By the looks of the most popular posts on this great site, the average VMXer loves a bit of speculation more than almost anything. So how about this…

Which international motocross superstar will be [or should be?] the guest of honour at VMX Suzuki Classic Dirt 5?

Now FYI: we don't acutally know yet ourselves, so there is no point reading between the lines - cause there is nothing to read. Nothing has been decided, I'm thinking it would be really entertaining to hear your suggestions - logical or offbeat - lets have 'em.

Who will it, or should it, be?   ??? ??? ??? ???

Over to you and let the fun begin.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Which International Motocross Superstar will attend CD5
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:42:02 am »
Do you mean current superstar of MX, or a past master? If a former superstar, and given that we've had a few US guys come out, maybe one of the UK guys? There are a few who I believe still dabble in vintage stuff like Graham Noyce. Or maybe one of the big Euro names from back in the 70s...

As for current, well... I think Bubba doing the scrub on a 74 KX450 would be worth any amount of money to see.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 09:11:11 am »
I wouldn't let Bubba ride my vintage bike, he would rip around the track faster than you could comprehend, then crash his brains out and total the bike! What about Roger Decoster? That would be cool! I think Glen Bell would come if he was able, as he has had a ride every now and then. I would love to see Jeff Leisk ride again, he was my hero. But i think he's over it.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 09:11:52 am »
Haul in Heikki I say, I'd luuuuurv to meet him.  He can sell some pumkins while here too and make a few quid (what other multiple world champion retires to grow vegies instead of trade on his name for the next twenty years....).

magoo

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:18:56 am »
Ken Smith

firko

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 10:25:19 am »
I couldn't agree with Oldschool (and Magoo) more. Roger, Joel and Hunky for my liking. We are going to admit Hunky into the Klub Kevlar Hall of Fame if he comes.

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 11:48:19 am »
Ah, Magoo, do you mean the international, factory Hodaka rider Ken Smith?  No, that wouldn't work, because if he went out for a one lap demo ride with the real Legends at lunchtime, he wouldn't get back in until about 3pm and that would unfairly hold up the regular afternoon riding session (through no fault of his factory, high-zoot Hoadaka of course).

YSS

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 01:20:16 pm »
Ken , what about Harrie Everts  ? Does that suit the layout ? If you make a decision early , I can ask him.
You should have now all his details .

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 04:07:31 pm »
Harry is a very cool guy and can still pedal a bike quick, he would be an asset to CD-5

So would this guy, TMBill, oops I mean Akira Watanabe

And they both rode Suzuki's
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 06:06:08 pm »
I recognise both Harry and Akira - both Suzuki legends. But who is the other bloke?

He looks vaguely familiar. He looks somewhat like a wanted photo I saw at Sydney airport on their 'Excess Baggage Register'.

I remember him because his photo had the caption [in big, bold letters] - 'known to try to sweet talk check-in girls'. Obviously not the type of character you would want your daughter to bring home!!!

You have been warned!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 06:27:39 pm »
 If you manage your timing well, and are chasing Harry Everts, you may get Stephan as well, they both rode in NZ at Taupo last summer, and left vowing to return to the Antipodes. Personally, I reckon if you're after a relaxed, talented Australasian who can talk the talk and still flies, there's always Peter Ploen... ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 06:38:56 pm »
VMX42, you could be right there, but on the other hand if your daughter did bring him home, think of the many bikes that would be joining your collection ;) ;D

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 10:22:24 pm »
It that one of those celebrity stalker guys?  :o

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 01:50:15 pm »
I think they all just wanna have their photo taken with vintage legend TMB ;D ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 02:44:37 pm »

DJ ill give yer 20,000 euros if you throw in the trailer  ;D Sorry H these babies ain't for sale at any price  ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 02:51:04 pm by TM BILL »