Author Topic: The A-C-X of it all  (Read 2562 times)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
The A-C-X of it all
« on: October 22, 2009, 06:12:16 pm »
Can anyone tell me or remember when you could first buy a YZ125C off the show room floor? Also, what date did the YZ125X burst forth to be bought by happy customers?

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The A-C-X of it all
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 07:49:38 pm »
DJ, I started working for Whites Yamaha in Dec 74 and the C was for sale then, nearly bought one, got one now.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:37:51 pm »
Hey Davey, we had this conco before, u were in NZ is that correct, That seems heaps early for a c...
OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:51:24 pm »
All the YZB's where made about March 74 (250, 360 ) and thats why they poped up so early, the 125C would have been next cab off the rank and I wouldn't be surprised if Australia and NZ got them first as we had summer race series and the Northern Hemisphere was heading into winter- snow etc. Bike sales in cold climates in winter would be none -existant so I guess they'd send them somewhere where they'd get sold, riden and tested. I'd love to know when RM125S's came out because the YZ125C had NO competition till it arrived on the scene, then of course the mighty RM125A arrived and it was shut the gate!!!! ;D......I dont count the RM125M as it wasn't the goods. I dont remember seeing to many MX250-400B's in NZed, it just seemed to be a sea of yellow in 76,77,78........ ;)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 09:06:00 pm »
Got a yz125c frame and swing arm for sale DJ if you interested ?

im probally raiding all the other parts, bailing anything that wont fit on anything else i have. 

pity it LOOKED A LEVEL/ BALANCED BIKE FROM HOW IT SiT ON THE GROUND.  if i could ride it  pre 75 id keep it, looks potent.  :D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:17:49 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 08:46:32 am »
Bump :D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 08:50:24 am »
Geez DJ, wheres all the Yamaha guru's, must still be researching it?  ??? Get that pom to buy the Kwaka before he drives us all mental!!!!!! ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 08:55:33 am »
My parts book says YZB's on the asembly line Febuary 74!!!, Look in your YZ C and X book and see what it says?

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 01:23:36 pm »
John, all my books are packed away for the move. As for TMB buying another greenie, well..... I'm just glad he isnt a YZ guy, although he now has a modern YZF in the towing complex, but I had to put the foot down and only ever allow him 1 YZ at a time.  I have taken the YZ125A off his hands (although it still hasnt made it to the new shed yet).
I must admit I cant wait until the new shed is built. I have so many projects that I want to try out...... ;)
A YZ100C frame, DG swingarm. A secretly built aluminium tank in similar shape to a YZ125G (sh!t not so much of a secret now), YZ250D forks(I cant afford Simons), A YZ125D bottom end and a stage 3 Noguchi barrel, if they fit together. The seat will be a YZ125D/E. I'm undecided on the rear shock, I might have to sneak your idea in as that shock is only about 40mm longer, but I will have to change the end of the shock mount.. ;)
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 02:01:32 pm »
You might have to cross him off your christmas card list as well- he broke a NOS YZ125A guard at Nudgee!!!!!! :o