Author Topic: shipping bikes from the usa  (Read 5780 times)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
shipping bikes from the usa
« on: October 20, 2009, 04:58:28 pm »
G`day all i now have a contact in the usa to collect bikes and store till we have enough to fill a container.work on 1.00 a mile for pickups,work on a 100mile radius of San Diego.i have 4 bikes currently in the usa,working on getting a 20` container for more info contact robin/shorelinemc 07 3821 6777 bh

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: shipping bikes from the usa
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:29:34 pm »
several questions:

where's it landing?

what about customs?

what would approx cost per bike to transport by sea?
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 08:00:00 pm »
More Questions :
How many bikes you need to fill a container ?
how long 'till the aussie dollar goes to parity with the US.
Ditto Tossa's questions also
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:13:48 pm »
Customs will be on who ever owns the part being shipped  ( each item ) and you will need a bill of sale ( pay pal receipt is enough )  so they can also stick it up you for GST .
There is a fair bit of paper work involved  ::)
Robin  ....    whom are you using ?????

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:52:56 am »
G`day I am working on 500.00 per bike if we get 20 bikes.this cost will be from long beach to my workshop at cleveland ,brisbane qld.this will not include transport within the states nor gst on this end the only other charge would be for washing bikes if quarantine decides they need to be washed.If we there is more than 20 bikes the price will go down.storage on the bikes will be $1.00 aday at my contacts place .he will pick up bikes within 100 miles of lake elsinore-approx 90 miles sth of long beach and not far from San Deigo.I have another bloke ringing  me tomorrow and will possibly get a better price.should be able to fit close to 40 dirt bikes in the container .I plan to go to the US and pack the container any other questions contact me thanks robin

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 12:12:35 pm »
Street price per bike is normally :

$450 FRT on goods LANDED TO qld,
$95 CUSTOMS
$65 quARENTTINE INSPECTION
THEN aDD YOUR gst ON TOP OF THAT.

IMHO - ONLY PLACE YOU CAN SAVE $$ IS ON THE FOB.    For the HF, you would need to be under $400 per Bike to make it worthwhile getting into doing you own container.......

I would be interested in his Pick up and drop to LOng beach service, is his transport enclosed and is he insured for theft.  Whats his radius inland ? Vagas ? be interested if he has an inland arch or can get up past fresno. 

IS it $1 to point of collection or does he want you to pay the return trip too ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 01:12:31 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 08:10:39 pm »
Sounds like a good deal to me Shoreline.
Think about what you will save on phonecalls alone Freaky!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 08:23:07 pm »
 A local car importer here told me space on ships to Australia from Longbeach is very much at a premium. They have 2 containers a week shipped and they are always in fear of being bumped for a bigger customer.
Make sure the bikes are spotlessly clean before they go into the container it will save you lots of heartache at this end. A wise man would pull them apart a bit and say they were 'parts' not complete bikes, and they are all for yourself to ;)
Jesus only loves two strokes

firko

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 09:47:58 pm »
A wise man would pull them apart a bit and say they were 'parts' not complete bikes, and they are all for yourself to 
It saves a lot of drama. I've never imported a bike with the engine in it yet. Thank you for thinking me to be wise Lozza..Shucks. ;D

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 06:55:49 pm »
Shoreline ,in light of what Lozza & Firko have said, is it possible to get the engines out. Is the saving on the GST paid if this done ? But then  it would also cost to get the bikes broken down- and then is it worth the hassle at the end ?

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 12:46:36 pm »
Gday you pay gst regardless of what it is.no duty is payable on 2nd hand motorcycles according to my agent.i already have bill of sales for bikes i have bought,with a suitable price on the bill of sale.if you buy a bike for 1000 the gst is payable on the price of the bike landed here,so i dont think it is worth pulling apart a bike you run the chance of loosing bits ,you have to pay someone to pull it apart,you then have  to box the parts.customs arnt stupid if you bring a bike in in bits and thet see for example a yz 250 roller than find a yz250 motor they will ask questions as to why-looks like you are trying to rort the system any other questions ring me easier than typing

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 12:57:04 pm »
i think there pulling them apart to be able to get them outa the country (usa)  without a title correct me if im wrong ;)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 01:11:37 pm »
Sounds like a good deal to me Shoreline.
Think about what you will save on phonecalls alone Freaky!

What Phone calls ?  I have never called a US seller or transporter, thats what they invented the internet for .......

there are many advantages as a parts delivery.  But Do what ever suits you.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 01:53:33 pm »
i meant ring me,yes you can pull a bike apart if it has no title but they can check to make sure the bike is not stolen then the whole container is held up whilst every thing is checked..for any interest in bikes i have bought so far  are CR 480,MX400,1985 RM250,1979 YZ400F AND HOPEFULLY A MX360

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 02:56:35 pm »
over the years i have imported about 10 bikes from the usa.all have been pulled apart and boxed.not once any check for stolen bikes,i forward all invoices to the shipper and just pay the bill when i pick them up.i once shipped 3 speedway bikes to me. motors in boxes wheels in an other and frames in an other ect ect.didnt lose a thing.most boxes that would take a motor are under 60.00 aus$ the last bike i got cost me 250.00aus$ in boxes. if the seller wount box things i dont buy them.most do though and organise shipping as well.