Author Topic: Launceston MX and Scramble Club  (Read 4288 times)

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Launceston MX and Scramble Club
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:45:58 am »
Hi all this weekend 25th we will be racing at our MX track at Santerena Park Bridport for the last club meeting of the year the track has been resurfaced and looking great all are welcome both vintage and modern.
Scruttering at7.30am to 9
Racing from 9.30 am

Contact me for more details 0438568092
Hope to see all you Tassie Guys down here

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Launceston MX and Scramble Club
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:12:59 am »
I'll send the feral photographer over from perth to take some photo's for you!!llol

Have a great Day

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:07:34 pm »
Cheers
Barry, pity you arent here the MX track is a bit like a road at the moment it should be fun. Nothing like a track that has been resurfaced to ride your old bike on

Cheers
fatboy

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 07:12:25 pm »
was this the track you used the other month or another one in that region.  What are they doing resurfacing it at this time of year
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 08:00:51 pm »
No Bazza,this is our Motox track about 20 km from were we raced when you were down we only resurfaced it because in June this year we held 2 day state modern MX championship there and it rain constantly for two days and the track was buggered and it has only stopped raining down here about 3 weeks ago and we were able to dry out enough to resurface it. I is a pity that the season is nearing the end as it is in great nic but at the wrong time of year.

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 10:12:15 am »
Well how did it go Shane
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 07:36:37 pm »
Hi Barry,

Racing was great the track was flat and fast we didnt have a huge turn up only about 50 and of that about 25 were modern but for those who turned up for the first race on our track since June all went home with big smiles and shit did I have some aches and pains when I woke Monday did 8 races for the day on a MX track in my fine fit state on my old XL with next to no suspention but it was worth it MX? and myself had some great tussles all day and it was just plain fun racing wish there was more this year. I am hoping to be added to the VIP list for the anniversary race in August i am thinking hard about coming,cant wait to catch up with my mainland freinds problerly at the Easter Bananza and the Nats I would think.

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 07:54:06 pm »
Hi all this weekend 25th we will be racing at our MX track at Santerena Park Bridport for the last club meeting of the year the track has been resurfaced and looking great all are welcome both vintage and modern.
Scruttering at7.30am to 9
Racing from 9.30 am

Contact me for more details 0438568092
Hope to see all you Tassie Guys down here

Cheers
Fatboy

Do you guys have a calender for VMX.It would be cool to combine a trip over with a meeting.I used to go over every easter to Smithton and race at Bryant Park
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:20:31 pm by motomaniac »

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 09:08:11 pm »
all went home with big smiles
You betcha! Haven't been to that many meetings yet, but that was just bloody good FUN.  ;D
Hope there will be many more like it.

Motomaniac, there's a great thought...

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 09:40:26 pm »
all went home with big smiles
You betcha! Haven't been to that many meetings yet, but that was just bloody good FUN.  ;D
Hope there will be many more like it.

Motomaniac, there's a great thought...

Just do it guys , maybe one big event per year with plenty of forwarning and the view to get some of those mainlanders over.

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 06:12:27 am »
Hi all
We will be holding a two day event next season not sure of the date yet but it will be big we have had them before and we attracked a few mainlanders last time we held it we had about 40 vintage and 120 modern bikes as well it was huge for the club If I though I could get enough riders from the big island we would do something special like we did for our nationals,We have a few places to race but perhaps you would like to race at our MX track?It is vintage freindly and good fun but in winter it can get ugly the track is 90% clay and gets very slippery when it is rained on for a week.The track has good area for camping with good toilets and we are just building showers at the moment. But if you want a natural terrain track then we have a few venues to choose from
looking forward to it.

let me know if you think you could come over and I will see if we can orginize a huge race meet.

Cheers
Fatboy
President
Launceston Motox and Scramble Club

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 08:52:40 am »
Make certain you don't hold it in August, you're booked for an appearance in Perth
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250