Author Topic: CZ Flywheel  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
CZ Flywheel
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:45:12 pm »
Wanted CZ flywheel to suit 68 side pipe 360,
probably any flywheel from 67 to 75 wound do,
what I need is the centre boss,
trying to develop cheap electronic ignition  conversion

will buy, or take a donation and the supplier  can have a free electronic ignition if I succeed
cheers
Noel

Re: CZ Flywheel
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:12:00 pm »
Should be able to help. I will see what the old boy has in his stash tomorrow.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 04:39:19 pm »
Gooday Noel,
                       Solution is possibly at hand. I still have not found all of what you are looking for since the failure of your CZ ignition system at the DT NATS. I will express mail this to you tomorrow. You should have it on Tuesday. Hopefully that will allow you enough time to have it fitted in time for racing at Lakes next weekend.
                       When I find what you are originally looking for, you can return this. I will find the rest soon.

Noel I removed this from a running machine that I was the last to ride.

A HISTORY OF THIS MACHINE AND ITS IGNITION WOES.
         This machine was purchased new by Ken S------D long time employee of FRASERS NEWCASTLE. Ken campaigned this CZ400 extensively in short circuit and motocross at venues like Salty Creek, Mulbring, and Cameron Park etc. etc. Ken had fitted additional shock mounting points on the swinging arm.

One position for was for MX shocks and the other for SC shocks. We bought the bike of Ken at Christmas 81. Ken had re-ringed it, but amazingly it was still on the original engine and on the original bore. Kens best improvement=Mikuni carburettor.
           An Old Mate and I shared a hundred acres with its own MX/GRASS tracks, adjacent to Stockton Beach Dunes near Newcastle. We flogged this machine hard for the next twenty months. A lost of spark led us to a failed condenser. The Ignition failed again after bathing it one day. After a week and five flagons of green ginger wine, the machine started again. We discovered that the twin secondary coils underneath the tank had hair line fractures in the Bakelite caps and they were frightened of moisture. We replaced the twin secondary car style coils with a single coil from a Honda CD90. We then continued our near daily routine of flogging this machine until its first piston cried “no more”.
CONCLUSSION; this CZ400 that I still own, is the most DURABLE and pleasurable motor cycle that I have EVER owned.
I will post that EXPRESS first thing in the morning Noel, Mick.     
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 05:06:48 pm »
Noel. I have a flywheel for you. Send me your details and i will send it to you. It is actually off a 360 side pipe but like you say, they are all the same.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 06:43:33 pm »
thanks boys,
I now have flywheels and ignition bits coming out of my ears,
PM's sent

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 08:40:21 pm »
Noel,
       Its a bit late for this but the ignition that I lent you at the DT Nats was taken home ,bolted back in the bike and it started 3rd kick.Your problem was probably related to the top coil? I know you already tried another top coil.mmmm  Plug maybe.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:22:35 pm »
Intermittent spark seems to be a real issue due to the windings working loose and earthing out. My 74 would be all good then without warning half way through a race... no spark. Let it sit and away she went. The magic word was pvl!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 09:52:29 pm »
brad
i didnt think you could get a pvl for czs thats why the guy in uk gets them made also burtes gets them made as well all with different flywheel weights

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »
Maybe they arent pvl's. I thought they were.  ???

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 05:55:31 pm »
Hi Moto,
glad to hear your ignition was not faulty as well,
Do you recall if on your ignition the condenser was on the stator plate or up at the coil,
in the fluster of race day I cannot recall,
cheers
Noel

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 06:51:37 pm »
Noel,
       It was in the standard position,down with the points.