Author Topic: goldy on ebay  (Read 1909 times)

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: goldy on ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:39:05 pm »
Second one is a repro, bit pricey for a hard tail, maybe look for originals, can get a near whole bike or roller for near that sort of coin.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 11:08:00 am »
Our mate Wayne Sumner has an original rigid Sonic framed DB34 Goldy that is a thing of beauty. I was at his shop when he debuted it after a lengthy restoration at his Friday arvo BBQ. As was part of the tradition*, everyone there had to take the bike for a run up and down the cul'd'sac next to his shop. I was stoked to be invited to have a poke on the bike immediately after Gene Romero which alone was a freakout. The bike felt a bit weird to sit on, kinda like a fat speedway bike but was very fast. It was a bit of a shock to hammer an unfamiliar bike with no brakes but I had no choice due to the shit stirring by the boys. I believe the bike is now in the Dan Rouitt Flat Track museum down the road in Clovis. A number of Aussies have visited the Sumners Friday BBQ and part of the tradition is to autograph a big NBC banner stolen from some TV race coverage. I parked my autograph next to Dick Manns! ;D
This is a bit of a thread hijack but seeing the above Sonic frame reminded me of that great experience.

* Sumners Friday arvo BBQ and Margarita blast is a Fresno tradition. Part of the tradition is that anyone who's debuting a new race bike or vintage resto has to bring the bikre along to Sumners on a Friday and everyone there has to take it for a ride up the road and back and contribute in sorting the bike out. I was there for 4 weeks and was a part of the 'commissioning' of Sumners Tribsa that featured in VMX#8, Mike Middletons Metisse BSA 750 and similar to above Sonic rigid framed Honda 305 twin, Little John Hateleys Triumph 650 Desert sled and a nitrous drag racing Yamaha V Max. It's a true privelege to be amongst the legends that turn up at Sumners for this little bit of Central California tradition and it's cool to see them chip in with their combined hundreds of years of experience in sorting the bikes. Every one of the bikes I saw was running 200% better after "the boys" had their time with them. The Margaritas were brilliant too!.
Below: Dan Rouitt (in chair) and Jack OBrien sitting on Sumners Sonic Goldy.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 09:11:05 pm »
That's the sort of hyjack i like Firko.....Thanks!

Freaky, remember that KR framed TT i was looking at a while back. Nah he hasn't handed it oer but i hae seen a few twin shock KR frames getting around in the US lately and they are asking a pretty penny for em.
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info