Author Topic: vinduros  (Read 7740 times)

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
vinduros
« on: October 13, 2009, 04:25:22 pm »
Hi everyone,

Ilive an hour south of Sydney , and would like to get into VINDUROS can anyone help ?

Thanks , also would like to talk to anyone re;KTM 500"s  1986  -  1989
pre 84 thank you very much

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: vinduros
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 05:20:25 pm »
Ok you should find this a lot of help. Vinduros are for pre 85 bikes only so the KTM500 wouldnt be eligible though.

http://endurobiketalk.com/forum/index.php
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 10:22:44 am »
There's not a lot happening in NSW, Vinduro wise at the moment.

Shoey and Ribbo ran a couple out near Oberon, and they were quite well recieved.
The Heaven club ran one up at Buladelah. Again, everyone seemed to enjoy it a whole lot, even though the weather wasn't very helpful (it rained a lot and the course was very muddy).

Heaven's willing to run more, the issue has been a lack of suitable properties. There's been some initial sounding out of alternative venues, but nothing solid (that I know of).

A few of us have been travelling down to Vic for their events, and I reckon they've been worth the drive.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

shoey

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 01:26:26 pm »
I think the band is about to reform.

I hear there might be a gig at Rockley next year.

I spoke with our manager last week (Ribbo) , and stage may be available.

It will most probably be a two tier event competitive and non-competitive to try and increase the numbers.

Our numbers at the events were reasonable but could be better.

may-be the competitive section will attract more riders.

Stay tuned.

Sun Prarie Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 01:49:33 pm »
Shoey
You need to get all the cyber bench racers off their collective arses to attend the vinduros, other wise your pissing in the wind

shoey

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 03:58:35 pm »
Gee that's incisive , another valuable lesson from from the indomintable sun-prarie jimmy.

I could do with your insight to help me get it happening.

And whilst we are at it , i dont piss in the wind. So having said that get lost , unless you have something constructive or at least sensible to add.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 04:04:27 pm »
Do you get or have COME AND TRY one day licenses through MA for these Vinduro events ???
These COME AND TRY one day licenses are free for new riders.
I believe you can have two rides,then after that you have to pay up  ;D
cheers
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:05:59 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 04:34:36 pm »
Has Sun Prarie ever been to a Vinduro Shoey? He does make a decent point though. There was a big cyber frenzy leading up to both of Shoeys great Vinduros but the woeful roll up at the last one was very disapointing for Rob, Ribbo, Husky Pete and all those who put in a big effort to put it on. If you would have believed the cyber racing hype you would have expected over 100 riders....I certainly did! Drakies done a good job in Victoria setting things up so it's up to us to support the NSW events if and when Shoey and Team Husky decide to have another go.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:41:52 pm by firko »

Mick

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 07:02:41 pm »
I will give ya the tip it has taken way more than just Drakie to have the Vic Vinduro's getting good turn outs and tracks  ;D  it takes lots of people willing to give there time and money to make these work,,,there is getting tracks set up which has had heaps of people involved, websites like mine and Sue's promoting and contacting and posting on many other websites and club's and spending time driving around to other events and letting them know about it all to, plus taking loads of photos for all to remember there day out, after all that we still managed to ride in 3 Vinduro's and love it  :) but there is a couple of things I would like to see changed, but thats for another day.

Cheers Mick & Sue.

Hundreds & hundreds of photos of Vinduro events here www.endurobiketalk.com

www.girlsndirtbikes.com
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 06:12:15 pm by Mick »

shoey

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 07:21:02 pm »
I would like  get something clear here.

I really dont give a shit for or about the likes of so called sun prarie jimmy or if it has or has not attended a vinduro and i hope not one that i have been involved with.

people that go bye hiddy names certainly do not rate with me

Next , i  have never been dissappointed in any event i have been involved with , every event carried itself in respect to cost and all who attended had a nice time and the set up of the events required a lot of riding and hanging out with my favorite buddies. so for me its win, win

At no time have my expectations exceeded the requirement for break even and a modest profit for our ever supportive Manly Motor Cycle club.

A hundred would be nice but that number is quite unrealistic. i for one really do not understand peoples pre occupation with numbers . In respect to numbers ,It is what it is.

Forty five is good and managable for our small team , and break even is a suprisingly low number of riders.

And sorry Mark , he makes no point and mate its disrespectful to infer a bloke with a good team and good intentions , having had some success with the vinduro's is pissing in the wind. It sucks and Im not taking it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:36:42 pm by shoey »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 07:43:13 pm »
Forty five is good and managable for our small team , and break even is a suprisingly low number of riders.

Going back to the old club enduro days, 45 wasn't a tragedy....when you have to handle 100 or more then you run into other dramas ....parking 50 plus utes and vans , getting all your scrutineering, cards etc etc done in time for the kick off springs to mind.

You are right Shoey anyone hung up on numbers has probably never done it for real.

One option if I can have my 10 cents is if you want muild competition, run a hare and hounds format, one loop, no controls, declare the last lap when everyone looks tired and bring her on home. Works well with teams, as gives everyone who is knackered a blow and you can always blame the other guy  ;D

formerly Marc.com

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 08:02:50 pm »
Its a big job and a big effort to pull off a Vinduro of any size, Shoey's were nothing short of awsome, a couple of the best weekends of my riding life ( exept Ribbo keeps yelling at us :-\)

If you should decide to do it again Shoey I'm right with you with any support I can offer.

shoey

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 08:25:57 pm »
Ribbo's a champion and he's the sheriff at the events (and most importantly its his property) so we must protect Darren's and Darren's  families interests at all times.

Thanks for your comments and we appreciate your offer of support and we will come calling in time  , but lets remember without darren(Ribbo) , Peter and the good guys at Manly we have got nothing. There's a bit of work involved but a good team gets it straight fairly quickly.

You know Darren you really hit it on the head , the riding was nothing short of awesome at the events we ran last year. Unlimited Riding in a sensational environment.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 08:11:45 am »
I really dont give a shit for or about the likes of so called sun prarie jimmy or if it has or has not attended a vinduro and i hope not one that i have been involved with.

people that go bye hiddy names certainly do not rate with me

I could be wrong, but I'm sure that you'll find that ol' mate SPJ is actually an account that's shared by a number of forum regulars, specifically to rake muck. You'll notice that he suffers by multiple personality disorder occasionally - depending on who is posting at the time.
One of the Sun Prairie Jimmys has posted in this thread using his 'real' user name...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 09:06:36 am »
One of the Sun Prairie Jimmys has posted in this thread using his 'real' user name...
Hmmmmmmm, process of elimination, thinking, thinking, thinking ::) :P