Author Topic: Jason Crump to win 3rd world title  (Read 19873 times)

Bullymad

Re: Jason Crump to win 3rd world title
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 08:27:10 pm »
I met Jason at Ray Owens[another legend]  some time back.
The bloke is a gentleman and a great example of an Aussi champ.
Ray spent hours telling Jason how racing was BITD

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 08:42:56 pm »
BITD....I'm old -what is it ?
Best invented toys dad  ;D
Blind in the dust  ;D
Best in tour deviation  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Bullymad

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 08:50:05 pm »
BITD....I'm old -what is it ?
Best invented toys dad  ;D
Blind in the dust  ;D
Best in tour deviation  ;D
cheers

LOL, back in the day....hahaha

How to hit a wall, you know all the good memories

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Crump
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 01:05:45 pm »
Jason Crump, the current World Speedway Champion, has confirmed that he will be amongst the 16 riders lining up for Somerset Speedway’s 10 Year Anniversary Meeting on March 19th.

That’s the exciting news the Rebels management had been hoping for, with Crump’s confirmation made all the more of a coup by virtue of the fact that the World number 1 is not planning to ride on a regular basis in the UK this year, so his appearance at Somerset’s celebration meeting will be one of the few opportunities that British fans will get to see him racing here.

Crump’s victory in last year’s World Championship Grand Prix series was the third time that he has lifted speedway’s ultimate prize, his other titles coming in 2004 and 2006. Additionally Crump can count a World under 21 crown as well as twice being a winner of the Australian National Championship amongst his impressive list of major titles that he can list on his speedway CV.

For Crump, riding in Somerset’s Anniversary Meeting is almost a-kin to him returning to his roots as the 34 year old was actually born in Bristol, as his father Phil, a third place finisher himself in the 1976 World Final, was one of the sport's top riders of the 1970’s and 80’s riding as he did for Newport, Bristol and Swindon.

“To say that we are over the moon that Jason has confirmed his place in the line- up would be an understatement,” said a delighted Debbie Hancock, “the field already had a star studded ring to it, but to have the current World Champion is really something special.”

“I know that Jason was very disappointed that he had to pull out of Mark Lemon’s testimonial that was held here at the Oak Tree Arena towards the end of last season due to his well documented arm injury, but he did say at the time that if fit and other commitments permitting, he would come and ride in our Anniversary Meeting, and true to his word he confirmed his participation on Monday morning following his return to the UK from Australia.”

“In keeping with last season, three-time World Champion Crump is not planning to be competing full time in the British Elite League this year as he looks to retain his World Crown, and so his appearance at Somerset’s Anniversary Meeting could well be one of the few opportunities for fans to see him riding in the UK in 2010,” Hancock continued, “We are very honoured that he has chosen to make one of those rare appearances at the Oak Tree Arena.”
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re:Chris Holder-Jason Crump
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 03:23:49 pm »
A Rampant Chris Holder wins his first final in SGP!...www.fullnoise.com
By: Erin Lamor
As a journalist you get to watch and report on the ups and downs in sport, sometimes on a weekly basis. Once in a while though, the 'ups' become something more, they become something special.

Lets set the scene. Sunday morning, 2am Australian time. In front of 44,000 fans Chris Holder comes out as the 2 minute siren sounds in the very first heat of the evening at the Cardiff round of the SGP series in England.

This first heat would set the tone for an amazing evening of international speedway. More importantly for one Australian in particular, Chris Holder.

A dominant display in his first heat with a win and the commentors are already talking potential for Chris tonight.

The indoor stadium in Cardiff was packed with fans from around the globe, all waving their national flags, of which high hopes where held for the British. There was a good mix of Australian flags and boxing kangaroos too! It was balmy in there and the track looked awesome.

Chris Holder's heat races never failed shorter than second place with a couple of wins and a great accumulation of points that set him up for a semi finals berth.

In one particular heat three aussies lined up against each other. Chris Holder, Jason Crump and Davey Watt. You could see throughout the night how important this round of the SGP was to all the riders and this heat showed that more than most. With Crump falling just after the first turn without any sign of contact and Chris speeding off into first place, the race was rerun with Crump allowed to start at the gate again, a decision that confused most.

The race turned into a real show stopper between Chris and Jason, neither one gave the other an inch. Crump was the victor on this occasion but both riders [Crump and Holder] appeared to be very animated heading back to the pits. Both riders later being summonsed to the match referee for clarification on what took place between them after the heat.

Jason Crump and Chris were both professional enough to put this behind them and move on, both stating that it was just hard racing.

So the semi final. Chris wins it with great patience, speed and determination.The stage was set for his first ever final in the SGP.

Track is prepared. Crowd buzzing with anticipation as to me, sitting at a mates place in front of the box. Due to Chris' win in the semi he gets to choose second and takes gate 2, coincidently the same gate he one his first of heat of the night via. Hamel is one the inside, Crump in gate four which had produced up and down results all night. Tape goes up and Chris flys out the box. First corner and he squeezes past Hamel, it would be this way for the entire 4 laps.

Crump and Hamel throw everything at Chris but by this stage he has the run of the track and knows where the best grip and drive can be found and sticks to it. This guy is a rider on the march, there is no doubt now as the black and white flag swirls and the gas flames sup out golden hues around him as he makes his maiden SGP final win!

Like a kid in a candy store he rolls around the track with a few tricks for the crowd, visibly overwhelmed by what he has just achieved.

As the podium presentation comes to an end, Chris holds up the specially designed Cardiff trophy and is shaking his head and looking upwards and out to the box where his family are watching from. He is humble. He is well respected. He is a great aussie. There is no need to doubt yourself anymore mate.

"Im lost for words, I don't know where to start" Chris explains.

"My family are here and they leave for home next week, so Im stoked. This is a dream come true for me"

Jason offers some nice words. "It was a tough out there. I would have like to win for sure, but if there was anyone I wanted to win apart from me its Chris. This is one in many SGP wins coming for Chris, he is a great rider no doubt". Concludes Crump.

The excitement and jubilation shown by Chris is magnificent and intoxicating. I don't think you often get to see someone doing what they were born to do, you see glimpses of brilliance now and then, but this night for me was different in so many ways. Australia has a new hero. In fact, I too have a new aussie hero and his name is Chris Holder.

RESULTS:
Semi-Final 1: Holder, Andersen, Holta, Gollob (ret).
Semi-Final 2: Hampel, Crump, Lindgren, Pedersen.
Final: Holder, Crump, Hampel, Andersen.

HEAT SCORERS:
Tomasz Gollob (1-3-2-3-3) 12
Jaroslaw Hampel (3-3-2-3-1) 12
Jason Crump (3-3-3-2-0) 11
Chris Holder (3-2-2-1-2) 10
Freddie Lindgren (2-1-3-3-0) 9
Hans Andersen (1-1-3-1-2) 8
Rune Holta (2-2-0-0-3) 7
Nicki Pedersen (0-1-3-2-1) 7
-----------------------------------------
Kenneth Bjerre (0-1-1-2-3) 7
Greg Hancock (3-0-1-2-1) 7
Davey Watt (0-3-0-3-X) 6
Tai Woffinden (0-0-2-1-3) 6
Chris Harris (2-2-0-0-2) 6
Magnus Zetterstrom (2-0-1-1-2) 6
Scott Nicholls (1-2-1-0-0) 4
Andreas Jonsson (1-0-0-0-1) 2
Ben Barker (-) 0
Danny King (-) 0

2010 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS:
1 Jaroslaw Hampel 92,
2 Tomasz Gollob 90,
3 Jason Crump 75,
4 Kenneth Bjerre 66,
5 Chris Holder 60,
6 Rune Holta 56,
7 Hans Andersen 56,
8 Nicki Pedersen 51,
9 Andreas Jonsson 48,
10 Freddie Lindgren 43,
Best is in the West !!

Curly3

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »
Great to see another good young Aussie coming along to eventually take up where Crumpy leaves off, hopefully Crumpy will stay around for a few years yet.
This young Russian looks the goods though.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 07:29:24 pm »
Gollob still riding, how old is the Pole now?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 07:39:16 pm »
Apparently he's 39.. not a bad effort for the old boy.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 07:49:18 pm »
great effort, a brilliant rider when on form
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

colmoody

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 04:35:21 pm »
Without doubt Aussie Davey Watt was the revelation of this meeting and I reckon was on course for a semi and possible final berth until excluded from his last (I think) heat. Had beaten both Crump and Holder in seperate earlier heat races and was looking good. Fantastic effort on Chris Holder's part and hopefully the first of many SWGP wins. Great to see. If anybody watched it you'd agree it was one of the better SWGP'S spectator wise. Gollob always good value and he to was looking like a finals contender on the night until his DNF.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 06:52:15 pm »
Rebuild time --best wish's Jason  8)
Surgery sidelines Crump from World Cup
Australia’s three-time World Speedway Champion, Jason Crump has announced from his English base today that he has regrettably withdrawn himself from Australia’s 2010 Speedway World Cup team.

Despite being comfortable in the chase for the 2010 Speedway Grand Prix title, the current World No 1 has confirmed that he will undergo further surgery on his left arm in an attempt to regain strength and movement.

Crump, who has been a member of the Australian team since its inception in 2001 said he was bitterly disappointed to have to withdraw but conceded that at this point in time his well being must take priority.

"It was a tough call for me to make as I have been in the team every year since it started and representing my country means a lot to me," Crump explained.

"On top of that, with Leigh retiring from international competition, the last thing I wanted to do was destabilise the team, but it was imperative that we try to get this arm right.

"The reality is that my arm should have been a little further along in its recovery process by now. My preference was to wait until the end of the season but my doctors would prefer to check and see if there is an issue sooner rather than later.

"The support from the Australian team and our team manager Craig Boyce has been humbling. I really hope they can go one better than we did last year and bring the cup home for Australia," he stated.

Crump suffered severe damage to his bicep in a racing incident in September 2009 and despite the injury, claimed his third world title a month later.

Although having endured a number of surgeries and skin grafts in the later part of 2009 the injury still left Crump in doubt of making the 2010 season opening European Speedway Grand Prix in April.

The Australian's never say die attitude has helped him carry the injury through this season to date scoring a win at the opening round and positioning himself in the title chase as the series enters the second half.

Crump is aiming to be back on the grid to continue his world title defence at the Scandinavian Speedway Grand Prix on Saturday August 18.
Best is in the West !!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »
He was having a lot of trouble with that arm when i saw him at Xmas time and way behind in preparation for the 2010 season.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 11:25:02 am »
He was having a lot of trouble with that arm when i saw him at Xmas time and way behind in preparation for the 2010 season.

Does he come home often or spend most times over seas ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 11:45:06 am »
He comes home to the Gold Coast for about 3 months at the end of each year, i usually go motocross or dirt track riding with him while he's back.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 01:29:13 pm »
He comes home to the Gold Coast for about 3 months at the end of each year, i usually go motocross or dirt track riding with him while he's back.

Does he take a chance on a pre 85 bike ?  ;D   ;)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!