Author Topic: Bryan Flemings condition  (Read 1237 times)

basil44

Bryan Flemings condition
« on: October 10, 2009, 02:55:06 pm »
I was talking to one of Bryan's close mates today about how he's coming along, he's classified as a quadraplegic at the moment, he can move his arms but not his hands so heres hoping this improves. He'll be going home soon and his wife and family will look after him. He said that he wishes he was wearing a neck brace so I think the sooner it becomes compulsery, the better. One of these types of injuries is one to many and if you can reduce the chances then it should become the norm. The chances of this happening to you is probably a lot less than winning gold lotto but I know what I'd rather have.Any way heres hoping for him to improve and get on with a good life. John.

firko

Re: Bryan Flemings condition
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 02:58:07 pm »
Is anybody doing anything to raise a quid for him John?

basil44

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 04:17:28 pm »
They did a fundraiser in Toowoomba a few weeks ago Mark, raised about 10k, not a lot but it is a country area. Maybe we'll see what we get for Clarkey (sorry his first name escapes me) and then we can do something for Bryan. Its bad enough with one of these accidents let alone two in the space of a few weeks. I'm gonna do something with the number boards for him too. I'll find out if theres a fund that you can donate too. Cheers mate.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:41:41 pm »
There's another fundraiser coming up soon for Bryan, it's a Melbourne Cup luncheon in Toowoomba.
His friends have some other functions organised for the new year also.
John there are details of a family trust for donations on the Friends of Bryan web site.
Thay have raised approx $25,000 so far.

firko

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 05:04:28 pm »
25K is excellent but a drop in the bucket when compared to what he'll need. That's exactly our goal with Noels fund but it's been tough going. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we've got just about all we're going to get from the generous folks here on the forum.
Time to get into the corporate world. Funny thing, we raised about 60k from the Rugby community for a player in similar circumstances and it wasn't like the teeth extraction this has become.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 05:08:51 pm »
Firko, I think times are a bit tough right now, business has slowed and a few good folk are out of work or on short hours, so hang in there as the dollars will come.
Just a thought for the auction-some of us have things in the shed that we are "gunna use one day" and some of this is memoribillia or classic, may be a swap meet of some sort with a donation in between for this kind of stuff wiil entice a few more to help.