Author Topic: and I said to myself..'I wonder why?'  (Read 3955 times)

DR

Re: and I said to myself..'I wonder why?'
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 05:40:11 pm »
Basil does the pope shit in the woods? is a bear catholic!! do I wanna '69 bottom end??..you bet!! ;D means I can have a crank machined for the TM rotor and keep the original just incase it all goes pear shaped and goes bang :o
 I'll give Dodge a call tonight..been really sick, hard to reach and totally out of action for a few weeks which is killing me! :'( at least this week I've been able to sit up and sleep and eat like a real person so it's getting back to good slowly :) jealous of that bloody RM125M/S FMF head you swooped on too!! ;) was too slow and too poor to be a serious contender :D

Mark/Dave, thanks, I have no idea of exact era's and frame designers/manufacturers but I know there was another frame builder involved with Olle about this era..can't recall the name but in the US..seems like a nothing question (the stripe I mean) but it's something I'll run to be a bit different albeit in this instance more anally correct ::) I'd like to build a '69 rep for simple reason it looks more do-able and the steel guards appeal to me more now than do the plastics of the 70'd and later ;)

TM BILL

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 06:05:52 pm »
Is the Terry Good you speak of the Brit sidecar cross racer from the late 70's and 80's ??

No your thinking of Big Tel , hard as a coffin nail and handsome as a pit bull ;D Jess Rixon used to swing for Terry and then Barry williams, they were formidible combinations :)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 09:10:25 pm »
Check your pms DOC.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 10:19:13 pm »
Machine the rotor NOT the crank. The crank is hardened on the skin but a bit soft underneath that.Soft materials don't machine well.
Jesus only loves two strokes

firko

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 12:02:07 am »
Wrong model RH but nice anyway.

DR

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 08:44:10 am »
Loz, that's the main reason I took a punt on that unknown ignition. The TM250 rotor doesn't appear to have enough machinable stock to accept the larger taper :-\ will wait and see, the other ignition is less than a week away ;)

Firko that is nice..Siege models are always nice 8) the bikes not bad either :P

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 02:35:52 pm »
Nice to know someone else remembers "the other" Terry Good tmbill.
He had finished racing before I went over but i remember reading about him in m/cyle weekly etc... A very good rider/team from all accounts.
Like you say- hard as nails, but would have to be to race the likes of Grogg and co. 

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 05:40:03 pm »
Were you planning on machining the TS shaft or getting a friendly machinist to do 1 for you, if a crank rebuild was planned then get a custom made shaft done & pressed in at the same time as it'll work out cheaper
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:56:50 pm by tony27 »