Author Topic: Twin Shock Moto-X Ass.  (Read 9877 times)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Shock Moto-X Ass.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 09:04:44 am »
That has got to be some of the best land for VMX, rich soil and great rolling hills, you lucky lucky bastards ;D ;D

Top shelf photo's as well keepin coming

Shane

All one can say is damn why is it over there.  great location, makes an old man very happy to see!!lol
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

firko

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 09:28:32 am »
What a ripper of a track. Good on you DJ. Has there been any more discussion on a NZ CD style event? (CD6.5!)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 11:02:08 am »
What a ripper of a track. Good on you DJ. Has there been any more discussion on a NZ CD style event? (CD6.5!)

Wonder if she who will be obeyed would like a holiday in NZ, 'oh sorry dear didn't know there was a VXM event on' mmm!! wonder how that would fly!!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 07:27:07 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys, the area that the track was is fanastic for natural terrain racing and we are very luckly to have a friendly farmer who let us into this piece of VMX heaven.
Brad you would have enjoyed to jumps and when we were trying to mark the track out we were trying to avoid most of the jumps.

CDKiwi Style has been talked about a little but nothing concrete. It will take a deadicated team to get it up and running but I can see it happening but maybe not as soon as we would all like.

That paddock that we got to used is available for a month and I hear Darryl Hurley is going to set up a practice track there.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 08:46:10 pm »
Back in The Old Days, the Wanganui area was mx heaven. Apart from the North vs South mx, before it was incurably corrupt (!!!), we had the odd mad thrash at Bob Coleman's farm, a loamy, grassy mx heaven. After the traditional day-long thrash, usually featuring all of NZ's top riders, including the world's fastest Maori, Lou Peeti from Dannevirke, was Bob's front-yard barbecue, with all and sundry ending up in the pool, followed by the traditional loops by the tow cars down the enormous grassy hill in front of Bob's joint, featuring loud pedal and handbrake. At sunset, all enmities and rivalries were dissolved, settled with a handshake, and forgotten as teams dispersed in all directions.....till the next moto... 8)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 04:32:39 pm »
I have been at work all day today as well as some late nights this past week and have nearly forgotten how good the day was so I thought I would post a couple more photos.

John, Bill & Dave heading back up the hill towards the off-camber hill

Dave at the start of the off-camber hill

Bill & Dave heading out to the back of the track

One going over the jump(Pete) and the leader(Colin) going over the drop off
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:35:54 pm by DJRacing »

TM BILL

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2009, 04:36:49 pm »
Round 2 of the twinshock series was run yesterday at digger Mcewan park Taupo.

I believe (but am happy to be corrected ) that this was the first time a VMX in NZ has been run at a purpose built MX circuit.

A great day was had by all that attended inspite of the challenging weather conditions.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:57:04 pm by TM BILL »

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2009, 07:08:12 pm »
It was great to race on the best track in NZ. Bill made as walk the bloody track 1st . Never done that at a vmx meeting before. Thought thats what pactices were for.It was that cold some of the boys had to go around the mountian because the road was closed (SNOW).. The pumice soil is great to race in plenty of grip but it took all the bloody paint off the 370s tank where me knees rub. Had a fire going in the club rooms thank god.And it was nice and warm in the pub watching the allblacks kick some aus ass afterwards.Thanks boys bring on the 3rd round

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 07:25:15 pm »
Looks like fun fun DJ , looks a bit chilli but, all TEAM KIWI T SHIRTS DONE AND DUSTED READY FOR THE NATS 22 shirts 8)

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2009, 06:39:03 am »
I see TM Bill finally has his piolts licence and leaving terra firma!! YE HAA good Luck at the Nats Bill
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

suzuki43

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 09:05:48 am »
Yes great day even for us hungover flag marshalls.My muscles are are bit sore today, after having to lift a three tonne TT500 out of the sand pit bog hole.Now I know why I prefer light Full Floaters.
Good work DJ and Ira (TmBill).
Cheers Liz

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 03:07:53 pm »
Thanks Liz for your hard work, and thanks for the video footage.

Ian P

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 03:11:52 pm »
Cheers guys!  ;) What a great day for the hardy that braved the weather and the track!!! :o
Thanks for the personal attention to detail flaggy Liz  ;D

suzuki43

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 05:26:08 pm »
No worries Pikey,and DJ.

Cheers
Liz
PS DJ I have secured the YZ manuals ;D.