Author Topic: I wonder what happened......  (Read 4748 times)

All Things 414

Re: I wonder what happened......
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 01:24:26 pm »
Honestly I'm not in a bad mood (not here anyway!). It would have sat for a very long time and at the moment I really don't have the room for it. Plus I've finally started assembling the H7 and with keeping the race bikes up to scratch it's all a little too much!
As for your more than generous off Freaky......well. She just giggled and ran out the room...... ::)
Now Tom. These warning signs mate. They're normally orange in colour ok and............

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 01:54:25 pm »
nUTZ YOULL HAVE TO CHANGE YOUr SIG ( WITH THE gp) just to rub it in  ;D

WHY IS IT CALLED CLOCKWORK ? do they explode at certain hours on the clock ??  ???

ahhh and re: the other 414.. so the missus knows the deal when you die ?  great, think there are a few blokes on here who are planning a Lynch mob, so wont be too far away, might have it by Xmas then and ill pop my borbles out in the spirit of the festive season.  ( might even give em a little shave so she can see her reflection in them  ;D )

roll on chrissy  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:47:02 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

runutz698

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 02:21:19 pm »
How is that Freaky??? :)

It is called "clock work orange",that is what they were called back in the I think??

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 02:48:47 pm »
yar so it was called that , but why ? you cant just call shit somthingn if you dont know what its referance is too.

can someone enlighten us on this ? what does the clockwork relate to ?????
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

runutz698

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 03:42:59 pm »
I have been told by more than one person these bikes were the fastest in there day and hard to keep up with, and maybe they ran like clock work?? Or some refrence to the movie, like you have to on drugs to ride it?? I have no Idea. Just throwing it out there,

Big K do you know why???

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 04:11:33 pm »
Don't know why Tom, but that's what they were called. Why were the grey ones' called grey ghost's? Who knows?
Cheers,
K

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 07:03:21 pm »
Ross ended up with the best Montesa purchase for some time but the seller also had a lot of parts that went elsewhere. Is someone going to own up and let the rest of us know what was scored, come on, no secrets in a big family! ;)

montynut

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 09:04:04 pm »
I collected aroung 600Kg of bits and pieces from the sellers mates place. Most of it is pre 78 parts. A mixture of new, slightly used and used parts. Unfortunately much of it is mixed up and will take some time to try and sort out to see what I actually have.

Several wheels, new hubs, crankcases, used cylinders, spokes, fork tubes and legs, triple clamps, several old model tanks (a couple look like GP or early VR). A lot of King Scorpion stuff. Heaps of gears but just all mixed together :o ::).

Three complete engines. Heaps of ignition systems including flywheels, lights and brake parts

The parts filled my Forester and 8x5 trailor. I basically wanted several parts but they would not seperate so I bought the lot.

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 09:38:23 pm »
I have a fetish for King Scorpion bits and pieces if you want to part with some of the haul, send me a pm if you sort it out :) Rob

classic 26

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 11:54:12 pm »
MONTYNUT I,M AFTER A 77 360 FRONT END IF YOU HAVE ONE PM ME OR RING 0411173656.THANKS DREW

montynut

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 12:14:06 am »
Sorry no front ends parts for a VB series only Betors. Possibly a front hub.

As I said much of it is for early models. I am hoping to sort it out over the next month or so. I probably should have kept quiet until it was sorted. I basically wanted a spare set of wheels for my MXer, forks for one of my trials bikes and any parts that will fit my H7. But it was all or nothng.

I was told that it was the remains of Ryan's parts and left overs. A lot of the boxes have Ryan's address on them. I will try to get some photos up soon as a lot of it will be difficult to identify. Most of the new parts have part numbers but a lot does not.

runutz698

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 07:24:55 am »
I am keen on the tanks like the GP ones and maybe a set of hubs!!!
Nuz

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 10:18:53 am »
Here in the states, the VE 414 was called "mean mr mustard" dues to the gas tank colour.
With time and sun, they have turned into a really disgusting dark brown.

albrid-3

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 09:42:42 pm »
their was a movie that can on to the big screen the same year as the orange montesa can out on sale. clock work orange, they are the same bikes that the works riders raced,
and the name stuck.