Author Topic: front flip  (Read 2536 times)

firko

front flip
« on: August 04, 2008, 07:37:44 am »
I figured that the laws of physics would prevent this. Wrong again.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IS51_ywDFWA

TooFastTim

Re: front flip
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 05:51:47 pm »
How do they a) find the bike in all that foam rubber and b) get the bike out?

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 03:58:29 pm »
Hey Tim,
I read a piece with Travis Pastrana where he described the most dangerous part of practicing in a foam pit is being trapped under the bike - fuel flowing from the carby overflows surrounded by 100 cubic meters of highly flammable foam. Talk about an accident waiting to happen. By the way, they use small cranes to get the bikes out… [and fast!!!].

There are actually companies now advertising in Dirt Rider [etc] selling the foam [which is offcuts from the furniture industry]. Make your own fire hazard at home.

Re the front flip: the guy that does it talks about how scary it is to get to the top of the ramp, lean ALL THE WAY FORWARD and then grab a BIG HANDFULL OF FRONT BRAKE. It all sounds impossible, but how long until someone does the double front flip. I suppose it doesn't really matter how many riders are hurt [only joking] doing this stuff, because there seems to be an endless supply of tattoed, pierced, hoody wearing, almost MX champions willing to take their place. Not this little black duck though!!!
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 06:16:10 pm »
i thik the worst part is when they over shoot and his the side etc. i always remember that clip of the guy that goes off to the side and face plants the top of the bobcat parked next to it, with half his jaw hanging off eeek

X games 14 ??

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mBA7arqWWQs&feature=related
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 10:18:07 pm »
Ever front flipped a Bobcat over an embankment!!!  I never ever want to do that again!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 08:03:05 am »
Hey Tim,
But did you hit the brakes really hard at the top to ensure you made the complete forward rotation??
vmx42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Doc

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 08:22:54 am »
Ever front flipped a Bobcat over an embankment!!!
my good mate the Baker did that Tim! I've never seen anyone go so white so fast! The look of shear horror on his face was priceless! :D another Scottish guy I know tried to do some home landscaping on a rather steep block, he hired one of those little Dingo stand on thingy's. Same again, balls up over the front only it contiuned and rolled on over him and he had to be airlifted by helicopter to hospital with compressed fractures of the lower vertibraes. Not pretty! Needless to say I got the job of finishing the landscaping..with a wheelbarrow ;)

On the front flip I reckon I've near done it without even leaving the ground on the odd occassion..one of my pet hates is going over the bars!! :o it hurts!! :D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:25:23 am by Doc »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 11:18:42 am »
No pissy little stand on rubbish . Full sized skid steer, forward roll when undercut embankment collapsed, full 360 +further 90  able to get back on wheels with bucket before broken hose lost all HYD pressure. Me? bit lip and total embarrassment  ::).... Was late model with secure operator safety set, tested and works terrific.......... ;).
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.