Author Topic: Matt Moss crash at Shep..  (Read 26502 times)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Moss crash at Shep..
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2015, 03:21:58 pm »
KW's account seems plausible. Particularly the bit where he says Moss had only entered the track seconds before the crash - there wasn't half a lap for Moss to be flagged down, or the bobcat to be moved.

I'm certainly not a member of the Kevin Williams fan club, but nothing he's said there is obviously bullsh.
Assuming he has told the story straight, I'd predict that the blame will be (rightly) shared between the bobcat operator, the water truck driver and Williams. The two volunteers deviated from protocol, and WEM didn't have adequate protocols in place, so all of them contributed to the crash.

Firstly Nathan, Matt started the hot lap before the rhythm section that leads to the finish line jump. That would be a good 70-80 meters. There was ample time to stop him before he got to the jump....

Secondly, KW stated that the water truck driver directed the bobcat operator to the START STRAIGHT as the truck left some wheel marks there. That implies that the bobcat operator didn't know where the start straight is and chose to go to the bottom of the finish line jump instead.

If the bobcat had been moved when the announcement was made over the loud speakers that the super poll was about to begin, there would of been a good 15 seconds to get Matt stopped and/or the bobcat moved.

I was there. I know what I heard. I know what I witnessed.

Even at a club day meeting the next race start doesn't happen until the track is clear. This is usually indicated by the finish line flaggie holding up a green flag to the start line person letting them know the track is good to go.

And the WEM lot all had you beaut communication devices!

Protocols my arse!
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.