Author Topic: Dirt Track in 2014 - Is this the year it really takes off?  (Read 9244 times)

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt Track in 2014 - Is this the year it really takes off?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 09:00:46 am »
yes i would agree
2013 north brisbane cup
most paying punters through the gate ever in our history

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 10:25:05 am »
Would it be possible for a series to be run piggy backing off existing events? i.e. North Brisbane Cup, TBC, King of Nepean, Canberra & national titles?

Wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes and steal their limelight but maybe a starter to a national title series?

Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 10:27:48 am »
Isn`t this getting away from  Joe Average banging a Trials tyre on and going for a spin????

I would have thought that's what the local clubs cater for. When a list of classes are touted I would have thought that would be regarding a higher end state/national series or one off extravaganza?

Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 12:17:16 pm »
i still have a chromo frame spare for anyone who wants to build a slider based around a JAwa front diamond and I can supply a new rear arm.  you just need to plate the engine and find some standard slider forks.   Just saying if that's why there still on the fence.....
When you look at 'brand loyalty' as part of the picture I am inclined to think that a  large sector of the  spectator lot like to see           'a bike just like mine'   out in front.
 However when you look at big events like prod. car racing whats on the track only LOOKS like "my car" but we all know it aint nuthin' like "his car"
 What I would like to see emerge is a move towards dirt track specials incorporating modern Yamaha-Honda etc 450s in special frames.
These are more likely to catch the attention of joe blow who owns a trail bike, not some Jawa, Godden or such in  a special frame .
 I saw last year at Nepean a young fellow riding a modern Honda? with the frame lowered, shortened trail and rake etc looking very impressive. How about we see some more of these in the modern classes!
cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!