Author Topic: Triumph powered what???  (Read 64281 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph powered what???
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2013, 10:05:11 am »
Thanks Ola Martin..... Holtworks are very expensive though.

Or you could go to the original at http://www.cheneyracing.co.uk/ . If you can manoeuvre through one of the worst website designs in cyberspace to find what you want, you'll find that there are no prices listed. Then after you send Simon an email asking him about whatever it is you want, you'll grow into a bitter old man waiting for a reply. But, if you do manage to get through to him and actually order, you'll pay through the arse, wait for months for the parts to arrive and then find he's either sent you wrong or badly made, unfinished parts...or both as was my case. I'd sent him precise measurements of my frame to make sure I was sent the correct side panels but what eventually arrived was two flat sheets of aluminium with the layout laid out in felt tip pen and a message written on them for me to cut them myself as he wasn't sure of the right shape. No number beading, no louvers...nothing...but he still charged me for the finished product. When I complained I never got a reply, and phonecalls went unanswered.

That was my experience, yours may be different.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2013, 10:35:37 am »
Here's one of the UK's more famous TriBSA's, the John Hobbs TriBSA Classic Bike magazine cover bike. That issue gives good detail on building the bike.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-BIKE-MAGAZINE-February-1991-/110951253451

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 10:38:59 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2013, 11:12:13 am »
 have been to simons shop and as Firko says unfortunatly Simon seems to be a chip off the old block,just like Eric dont know how the business has lasted
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

TM BILL

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2013, 12:05:52 pm »

I think the cost is relative , i dont have the skill or equipment to make products as good as what they sell so i am happy to pay for them  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2013, 12:45:27 pm »
I just spent half an hour going through the Holtworks website and they certainly make some tasty stuff. I agree with Bill that if you want the best you couldn't go past this stuff. I don't think it's that expensive when you consider the amount of work that goes into the panels and tanks. I'll be shopping there when I start looking for bits for my Tribsa.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2013, 08:54:03 am »
Holtworks do have a lot of very tasty morsels all made to great quality. I guess I'm just a tight arse  ::) I think that comes from doing most of my own fabrication work and knowing how easy (relatively) it would be to knock up a set of side covers if I had a bead roller.... I think I will buy the holtworks covers as buying a decent bead roller can't be justified for the work it will do.
I don't reckon I'll be going to cheney any time soon.....I get really pissed orf when I get ripped orf.... Thanks for the advice you lot. Now back to the thread......
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2013, 01:55:10 pm »
Here's Brad's new pre 65 TriBSA, a good looker that'll look even better with a tidy up. The stuff's still out there folks. You just have to dig it out 8). With the Brad on board it's got pointy end potential and with a fork and front wheel change it'll be more than competitive in pre 60.

TM BILL

« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2013, 02:59:52 pm »
Holtworks do have a lot of very tasty morsels all made to great quality. I guess I'm just a tight arse  ::) I think that comes from doing most of my own fabrication work and knowing how easy (relatively) it would be to knock up a set of side covers if I had a bead roller.... I think I will buy the holtworks covers as buying a decent bead roller can't be justified for the work it will do.
I don't reckon I'll be going to cheney any time soon.....I get really pissed orf when I get ripped orf.... Thanks for the advice you lot. Now back to the thread......

A lot of my mates get wound up about the price of fuel , I don't really consider it as if I did I would probably get all bitter and twisted  ;D

I consider the alternative , dig a hole in my back yard and hope I strike oil , then build a refinery to refine the crude oil . That all seems a lot of effort and I need fuel every day so I pay what price the current  market dictates  :)

I outsource my blasting , painting, powder coating, zincing , Ali welding and machining , I will probably eventually buy myself a lathe and a mill and maybe update the compressor and get a decent blast cabinet . I have not done any lathe or milling work since trade school 35 yrs ago but would enjoy having a play ( its more about the satisfaction of doing it myself rather than saving a quid though )

Brads beast looks the goods  :) never thought in a million yrs Brad would be seen on one of those what's he call them ? oil drippers  ;D ;D ;D

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2013, 03:39:53 pm »
 How good is life when even Brad can be inticed to the dark side
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2013, 09:48:14 am »
Another music maker on the start line.....sweet. Looks like someone had fun bastardising the old beast though. It needs some help at the moment.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline r4brightred

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2014, 02:22:15 am »
These Brit mongrels are very cool. Aussie VMX is a good deal different than we have here in the USA. Pre 75 is dying a slow death here while you are still building pre60 stuff. I commend your efforts.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2014, 03:51:14 pm »
Here's a nice Tribsa......not. It's Gus Priems almost fifties period perfect XS650 Yamaha. You could be forgiven for thinking the photo had been taken in the mid fifties instead of 40 years later.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2014, 04:54:44 pm »
Cant wait to get out on it!  ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2014, 11:49:55 am »
Here's a nice Tribsa......not. It's Gus Priems almost fifties period perfect XS650 Yamaha. You could be forgiven for thinking the photo had been taken in the mid fifties instead of 40 years later.

That is sweet, and clever.
Be nice with some enduro lights on it to ride to the shops.