Author Topic: KSI Thumper found  (Read 9258 times)

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: KSI Thumper found
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 11:42:04 am »
ACTUALLY IT WASNT IN BERTS SHOP IT WAS FOR SALE IN RINGWOOD  BACK THEN/ALSO IT HAD MADE IN ENGLAND OR SOMETHING STAMPED IN THE HEAD STEM

That will be the Bike my Cousin built up in 81/82 & I raced in a few 4 stroke races in Victoria when they first started doing 4 stroke races,he traded at the Honda shop in Ringwood,any contact details on the Brothers Paul?

It was the one that there was a test on in Trail & Track that was on another thread,

my mate knows them well /what about the moates part off the story? true or false

From my memory Marty never rode a KSI in Australia,the one I rode had Ohlins shocks at the time,and from what I know the one my cousin built is/was the only one in Aust

Offline Scootern29

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 11:47:31 am »
It just goes to show that these kind of finds are still out there. Why oh why can't it be me?

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 01:10:01 pm »
local op shop from the same area to were gassit mtorcycles  use to be
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:14:23 pm by paul »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 01:11:28 pm »
ACTUALLY IT WASNT IN BERTS SHOP IT WAS FOR SALE IN RINGWOOD  BACK THEN/ALSO IT HAD MADE IN ENGLAND OR SOMETHING STAMPED IN THE HEAD STEM

That will be the Bike my Cousin built up in 81/82 & I raced in a few 4 stroke races in Victoria when they first started doing 4 stroke races,he traded at the Honda shop in Ringwood,any contact details on the Brothers Paul?

It was the one that there was a test on in Trail & Track that was on another thread,

my mate knows them well /what about the moates part off the story? true or false

From my memory Marty never rode a KSI in Australia,the one I rode had Ohlins shocks at the time,and from what I know the one my cousin built is/was the only one in Aust

sound like the same bike cause this one had then  and still has  ohlins on it as well

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 03:45:34 pm »

sound like the same bike cause this one had then  and still has  ohlins on it as well

I would be keen to know if he would sell it to me depending on price,is it possible to find out,

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 04:46:58 pm »
$1500 bastard!!

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 08:14:49 pm »

What's the story behind Marty riding for Gassit and on a HONDA?
Jersey must be Late 70's early 80's as I thought in 81 he was riding Suzuki for Motosport Suzuki ???

Offline Vintmxman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 08:13:38 am »
The seller is a total fork stick..I would not trust that no good bastard as far as I could throw him...it another one of his notorious bait and switch bullshit stories...run, don't walk away...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 09:34:40 am »

What's the story behind Marty riding for Gassit and on a HONDA?
Jersey must be Late 70's early 80's as I thought in 81 he was riding Suzuki for Motosport Suzuki ???
Moates didn't come out here till 83 so the jersey would be from then. I don't think he rode Honda here, just Suzuki.