Author Topic: Hagon Front Shock/Damper  (Read 18161 times)

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Hagon Front Shock/Damper
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2012, 04:58:52 PM »
   Thats the best story i've read on here ,bar none,
        Well done Freaky.
        Cheers KB

Rick,I hope you bring the bike down to Broadford one day, 
     be great to see it back on the dirt.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
 Cuts both ways this and more,..... the Wason family got the pressie of dreams,
 The Freakster probably the best present (fantastic what he did) and we have all got big smiles  on our dials.  Thanks.

Offline RW490

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »
Hey guys, life doesn`t get much better than this. I now have Dads Bike back in the family, ( thanks to Freaky ), I also have my Godden Speedway bike back from 14 Years ago and a Bultaco Astro that I have wanted ever since a kid after watching Chris Kelly ride one.

The interesting thing about the Astro is that I found it by chance in Gippsland and made the phone call. I then paid a deposit of $200.00 to the Gentleman, and I do mean Gentleman.
2 Years later we finally met up at the Broadford Bonanza and he brought the rolling chassis in pieces and had held it for 2 years for me on a $200.00 deposit. I was blown away as he had offers well above the price that we had settled on. Our negotiations were based on the fact that the Astro was purchased not for resale and would stay in my family. I was parked with the Godden and the Astro in the pit area at Broadford after the meeting and a guy who I new quite well offered me large amounts of money for that bike.

It is still in my shed and I will try to do a full restro on it.

The only other bike that I want to find is my Original Hagon with the TA 125 Twin Yamaha that I used at Romsey for the 2nd place in the Vic Title behind Gary Chasemore. I also won the Victorian short track title on that bike at Wangaratta. This will make my collection complete.

Jack of all Master of none

Offline RW490

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »

This is the Yamsang. The motor from the Pursang was mounted into the Hagon frame that Dad made and a Yamaha motor was put into the Pursang chassis, Hence " The Yamsang "
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:03:40 PM by RW490 »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2012, 02:08:05 PM »
Yamsang.......too cool for school. Yet another engine swap, hot rod motocrosser to be added to my data base of such things. This is one of those swaps that make sense, the Yamaha motor is better than the original Mk4 Pursang hand grenade and the Pursang roller donor is a vast improvement on the DT1 original. That would actually be a pretty competitive pre '70 class racer if it existed today 8).
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »
What can't you do with a Dt1 ?
Like the GYT pipe too need one of them for my leg burner....
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline RW490

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »
Hey Firko, I'm trying to trace backwards to see if I can find the beast. Then the Hagon & the Yamsang will be at Broadford.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
nice story,your a good bloke freaky

Offline RW490

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2013, 01:59:45 AM »

2nd from left Ray Wason, behind him the tallest one is Kevin Atteridge the man who's first job as an apprentice was to weld together the Hagon frame for dad, and back right hand side is Paul Box who hand cut, bent and made all the frame pieces for Kevin to weld.

These guys hand made this Hagon bike that was built in the 2nd month of 1970 as I gave Paul a copy of his apprentice indenture papers the other day dated 23 12 1969 and Paul said that they did the Hagon 2 months later.

Offline RW490

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2013, 01:41:20 AM »

Hey Freaky, found another photo of the Hagon. The one Max is sitting on became the chassis for the TA125 Twin on Photo Forum Romsey.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »
NO thats is THE BEST FOTO EVER !!!1  thats up there with a steve mcqueen pic.. Awesome work.  i might just have to see if i can buy a ticket to ride at broadford if there still for sale....
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff