Author Topic: Hagon Front Shock/Damper  (Read 18748 times)

Offline RW490

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Hagon Front Shock/Damper
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »
Well guys I am ready for the up date on my Dads #68 Bultaco Hagon Copy. When I got home tonight from work my wife asked me if I would like my Christmas present early or on Christmas day. In the background my 18 year old son was knodding quite vigorously up and down, so I said tonight would be fine. My wife made me close my eyes and she led me out to the car port walking backwards in case I peeked. She spun me around and said, o/k you can look.

You know that stunned feeling when something is so exciting that you can`t breathe, can`t take yours eyes off it and you get a tear in your eye and every emotion has hit you at once.

There was Dads Hagon sitting in my carport, that I haven`t seen for some 20 years.

You are a sneeky bastard Freaky and I cannot express my thanks enough for contacting my Wife and making this happen.

Your status says legend AND SO IT SHOULD. Thank you again Rick Wason.
Jack of all Master of none

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2012, 12:02:18 am »
:) pleasure is all mine.  I was just as excited planning the surprise as it sounds you where to receive it.  I'm glad it made your Xmas special.  Although I did tell your missis to hide it till Xmas...... Guess she was just too excited :D

I hope when your family and sisters come down and your friends come over during Xmas you get a chance to remember your past, share the good times and raise a glass to your dad, he is Still with you all, and through his bike again a big part of your life's.

These moments are what we all live for.

Merry Xmas mate.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:09:14 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline RW490

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2012, 12:27:14 am »
After she shocked me with it my son started laughing, saying there was no way to hide it as I would notice a covered up object of that size. Plus I have no room at the shop other than for customer jobs at the moment.

It will be in the front window of the shop tommorrow, still Ray Wason Motor Cycles Pty Ltd and celebrating the family owned business name for 54 Years. I will get the local paper to do a story. HAGON COMES HOME.

Spoke to my sister tonight, you are not going to believe this. When she was going out with my future Brotherinlaw he bought the Yamsang, ( Yamaha motor in the Bultaco Pursang frame. ) and found the slides for the photo and they are being printed to pictures this week. The Pursang motor was the Hagon motor. He bought the Yamsang off Paul Box who worked for Dad as a mechanic for Appro $269.00. Cant wait to see these.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2012, 12:33:58 am »
Also have a little confession to make..... I had to add some juice and fire it up before I shipped it... Just a little squirt..  Tyres hard as a rock and wouldn't hold air but she started first bump.... But as I. Had to rush to meet the truck I forgot to washout the methanol, so don't forget to give it a quick run on petrol before you park it other wise that castor might lock up that crank..  Sorry about not doing it but I had to make some promises and call in some favours in from Fergussons to get it to over there before Xmas.  They even got in on the act and put on a special truck to get It to wang and to your wife During the day before you came home today.

A Short ride but I couldnt let it go till i ticked that box too - http://youtu.be/Pz4wNc4biQQ
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2012, 12:45:20 am »
Send me a copy of the story when it gets in the paper, be great to see it.

Its so Funny how things go, I was going to put new tyres on it and cut that push bar off the back, but stopped short.  Only to get on this thread to ask snowy if he had the same front end..... Then Jody spotted the bike.   By luck or dumb arseness It was like following bread crumbs to you.  It just wanted to make its way home.

To see that picture of your dad and how original it still is blew my mind and I'm so happy I didn't touch it, even the old tyres.... It's like an old persons face it shows every thing in its life,  a life lived. If it was me I'd leave it exactly as it is ( well maybe new inner tubes and that kill switch) to restore it with new paint would be to erase its past.  Post some pics from the shop when its in there
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline RW490

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2012, 12:59:11 am »
It will get a good clean be put on display. I watched the Video you sent, Thanks for that.
Will do the pic as soon as I can.

Mate, talk about a fairtale ending.

The funny part is the smell on the bike. It doesn`t matter how far its travelled the smell always reminds me of our shed at the original house where Dad used to prepare his bikes. The floor was wooden and stained with Castrol M and R 30.

( The crazy part is there probably is no smell to the bike, but when I look at it that is what my senses tell me.)

Thats why memories are so important.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2012, 01:06:18 am »
Well I did fire it up on old castor m, bloody stuff you can see dripping out the ext pipe.... And the floor of my van :) he he
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2012, 05:19:56 am »
Top stuff, Freaksta !!! I got out here this morning, found this yarn and watched the clip. It's great to see a bit of OZ DT history back where it belongs.
Foss
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:25:16 am by JAP 454 »

Curly3

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2012, 06:22:06 am »
How cool is that, well done Kerry.
I'm sure it'll take pride of place.

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2012, 07:57:21 am »
Sneaky.......Freaky !! Top Stuff !! ;D
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2012, 08:23:46 am »
What a cool story....well done Freaky and have a merry christmas.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2012, 08:44:07 am »
What a great Christmas Tale.

Good onya Freaky  ;)

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2012, 08:58:19 am »
THAT has just made my day !!! The way all of this worked out is fantastic. ;D
 Good on you Kerry. That bike just had to get home. What a pressie Rick.
 I'm sure there were a few tears. Merry Christmas.       
          regards   Mark #29

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2012, 02:14:37 pm »
Your makin a jolly good Santa Freaky.too cool !!
Merry Christmas Wason family  8)

What a great story this has turned into! I would love to read more about the Bully and Ray Wason including pics.
plus the running of the Victorian family motorcycle shop for the last 50 odd years ~ gotta be a magazine story in it for sure.  ;)  :P  ;D 
Best is in the West !!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2012, 03:32:05 pm »
      Great goodwill Christmas story! 
 pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!