Author Topic: Hall of Fame  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Hall of Fame
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 10:03:53 pm »
Sorry this is just my rant.

Well wanted to before to late give a Lifetime Achievement Award and Honour Ray and Pat Owen at this 2012 Years MX 70's Honda Elsinore Re-Union Barf and I and Frank and all the Bike contributors at HBBB,
as for this Golden couple married over 50 years that selflessly gave up 54 acres of their own farm land, and made the greatest Aussie MX Track via Survey in the 70's WALLAN.

Both that has done so much for motorcycling in Aus, they dont exists in MA's eye's.

Ned alone Rays Incredible Grass Track and Scramble
the following was my interview questions to Ray at Broadford this Year, You make up your own mind , my problem is I haven’t heard anything positive to the masses about MA, for a long time, yes they have a difficult job in administrating, but the balance is so wrong, the MX / Off-Road in all forms would contribute at least 80% of their's which is ours Revenue.

The worst thing they are not in touch with the common people, who bleed, ride, think and love the sport.

They can take the and have done the easiest approach, do their own Shit.

When was the last time MA and would they ever done a survey on what we think is wrong with under democratic process, not F----G Board Meetings nurturing their own Egos that they are doing a good job.

Could you imagine a booth set up at State Rounds of any discipline, to hear and listen to the people, and get it back to the monthly’s and at least discuss, all things now and the future. Not just a few Mates or Back pocket Opinions.

Don’t make the mistake, of barking at everyone our sport is founded on mostly volunteers , but those that are paid and paid well, don’t seem to be accountable, and nothing will change, when they are not , including all the way to the Top.

Get together sign a petition, do club emails anything  to wake up or piss them off with lack of  their conscience.

OUR 2 WHEEL SPORT WILL ALWAYS LIVE BECAUSE:

Love is why we do it.

Passion is because we are obsessed.

Heart is what we all have.

RESPECT we all DESEREVE.

Below is a link to give you and idea.

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2012/01/2012-honda-hbbb/

albrid-3

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 10:54:23 pm »
Done forget what started this great passion we have for a small word called scrambles, the true era, our fathers, fathers sons, mates, done forget, the 50`s men like ken Rumble, Ray Fisher, Brian Clarke, done forget 60`s riders, Keith Stacker, Bill Brown, Ed Landcaster, Neville Palmer, John Boag, John Armstrong,  Gary Flood, Trevor Flood, Gary O`Brien, Brian Fisher, Clarry Jones, Dennis Alsop, Gary Adams, Jeff Wooky, Roger Laycock, Sid Christian, Geoff Taylor, Ivan Miller, Bert Flood,  Lyall O`Brien, John Burrows, Al Patterson, Frank Mussett, Karl Morlang, Mick Nicoll, Per Klitland, Greg Leaney, their are lots more, then their was us, me, you, him, mates, its just go`s on. where has all the money gone and swallowed up on ???, 2012 their should be a RSL type of a building built for us to meet and greet, have a drink, bikes on display, and the history of our sport plastered all over it.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 07:10:45 am »
Rosco you are on the money,the wankers at city hall/MA will come and go while joe punter rides bikes forever.Do what Unzud did go on your own then your money is your money to spend on your hobby/sport.Your only overheads are paying the farmer for land for the day,ambulance and Insurance.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:36:48 pm by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 08:44:08 am »
I,m sure like some people here we could write pages on the mismanagement of our sport. The one thing that can not be defeated is the type of person who gravitate to position's of power within MA. They are and always will be megalomaniacs. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:50 pm »
 Two comments.

1/ NOBODY so far mentioned Jack Ahearn, How many self funded privateers finished runner up to a Senior World Championship road race series?

2/ The positions in M.A., MNSW, and YOUR club are filled by people We all select through our club meetings through nominations and election.

Take an interest in who's who and who does SFA and who does things for the good of the sport.

Thats my rant on this sweltering day.

Cheers.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 02:41:26 pm »

Back to the point.
 Possibly the way to get the ball rolling on the 'Hall of Fame' issue might be to start off with each State starting their own.
 I will start discussion on this at our first club general meeting (CPMCC) in the new year.
 I reckon if our NZUD cousins do the same thing through their clubs they will have a National list in no time.

It should not be too difficult for the local controlling body to find a small committee of 3 or 5 knowlagible souls to vet nominations from clubs.

On the subject of record holders, the old A.C.U. rules book put out by the old Auto Cycle Council of Australia had a list of every national and state title holder back to the year dot. They still should have!

If anyone can find one of the old rule books that would be a start.

I must have a look through my old stuff.

cheers pancho.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 05:01:30 pm »
On the subject of record holders, the old A.C.U. rules book put out by the old Auto Cycle Council of Australia had a list of every national and state title holder back to the year dot. They still should have!

09 book

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 05:53:23 pm »
Well there you go!

Now we need the rest. Short Circuit, Scrambles, trials and all the State Title holders, Plus OZ genious tuners, designers & developers plus all the long term dedicated officials and the occasional promoters.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 07:04:02 pm »
I'll jump in here and probably display my ignorance but who is Heinz Platacis?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 07:13:13 pm »
Endurance road racer Mark . same as Peter Goddard
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 07:52:21 pm »
I knew that existed  and stubbled on it ,only through the Yearly MA Competition Rules books I recieved when running the Race Teams, but the point is , why this subjet came up, is NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT!

Have you ever heard of a MA Black Tie Hall of Fame Night?
 Have you ever seen it advertsied?
Have you ever heard of any of the past Winners talk about I WON and was Inducted in to the MA HALL OF SHAME ?

The answer is No, never seen it or has there been any Magazine time or Web Time, except those in the Inner Sanctum.

And to MA, why havent these Champions been Celebrated on the Year and Night,when you were giving Hall of Fame Awards?

The Australian  Motorcycling Community wants to be Involved and Your Members.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 09:45:20 pm »
good to see a Kiwi stefan in the list probably a cosey old boys nz/ auz thing
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:46:59 pm by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 10:31:19 pm »
Endurance road racer Mark . same as Peter Goddard
Is he an Aussie or is he one of Bazza's Kiwi's?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha