Author Topic: IT plastics  (Read 11105 times)

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: IT plastics
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 09:55:40 am »
.........while we're on the subject of IT plastics, where can I get side covers and an original style front guard with the white extension for my IT4OOC ?

Roger

Offline ELC hunter

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 01:55:31 pm »
There will be a it200 there to check out

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 07:17:38 pm »
I've got DC plastic on my IT and it looks pretty good to me. 
Not possible, but moving on.
I'm not building a 10 point concourse show bike...it's just an old IT250J being built to use tooling around the farm and in the occasional vinduro. If showroom perfection is your bag, there are better made but way more expensive alternatives to DC products but for a ride bike it's a still lot better than faded and dinged up originals or fragile fibreglass. Each to their own but it annoys me that every time a discussion on plastic comes up people want to diss DC Plastic. I reckon they do a great service to the sport even if it's apparently not good enough for the anal perfection boffins.

Firko I'm not dissing DC plastics entirely. I've bought plenty of other stuff from them, though the model that IT owners have the biggest gripe with is the IT250/465 H & J models. Funny enough the same as yours.
 The main concern being that the mounting holes don't line up with the exhaust/mounting brackets and owners have had to trim, and heat with a gun to mould the plastics to fit. For the price of the fibreglass ones which are far from fragile these are a better option.
   Each to there own :)
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline chippy

• C-Grade
  • how old is too old
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 07:33:35 pm »
I have Chris's fibreglass side panels and rear guard on my IT250J, they look fantastic, correct blue, full gloss, great fit, very strong. I highly recommend.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Cheers Chippy.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 06:37:57 pm »

Thanks for the tool bag link Steve, it looks like they do Kawasaki bags as well.

Geoff

I have purchased a few items from there Geoff  .
 Good service , with every purchase ,   no problems .
  The IT tool bag I bought from them is well made .
  Regards ,
                 Steve

They had to make this one for me in NZ, only 3 weeks from order to my letter box.
Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline misfit

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 08:11:34 pm »
+1 for Chris's fiberglass sidecovers

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 08:37:27 pm »
Hey Geoff, that KDX 250 you have there deserves the fine treatment you're giving it. The previous owner just wasn't loving it adequately anymore!! ;D Although you've got a lot to live up to in trying to move it along at the pace we're used to seeing it move at!  ;D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »

Hey Geoff, that KDX 250 you have there deserves the fine treatment you're giving it. The previous owner just wasn't loving it adequately anymore!! ;D Although you've got a lot to live up to in trying to move it along at the pace we're used to seeing it move at!  ;D ;)

;D ;D ;D

Can't see it moving that quick with this pilot  :(

But, lm prepared to have a go   ;)

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 09:20:28 pm »
A big thumbs up to www.smebike.com

The guy makes your stuff straight away and gets it off to ya pronto. You can even have a chat with him by phone. That's a first for me with this Internet buying. Top mob , check them out.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B