Author Topic: Girls on side cars  (Read 25350 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Girls on side cars
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2010, 05:15:46 pm »
It certainly is an art. I once tried it out when I was passengering for Vern Grayson. We did a trial on a borrowed outfit and I thought we did really well. We got the best score(highest) for the day and I remember one part where I rolled(bodily) down a hill and through a dead cow. I'm not sure why but Vern never asked me to try again.(Maybe I smelt bad)
I had another go at CD6 with Ronnie Cadwick on his old Bully and we went ok but going down hill and U turning right was impossible.
Still, I hope you find what you're looking for-so to speak.

(hint) When trying to get the sidecar wheel over a rock like that the passenger has to 'disappear' (levitate).

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2010, 06:29:20 pm »

(hint) When trying to get the sidecar wheel over a rock like that the passenger has to 'disappear' (levitate).

I had a passenger, Rob Wilson, back in the late 70's early 80's who was very good at levitation. We manager two SA B grade championships together 1980, 1982, but were eventually promoted to A grade "never to be relegated" and couldn't quite cut it against Deiner/Holmes Leigh Holamby, Nip Kerschner etc. Wilso eventually swung for Roger Greenhalch and picked up an Aust title with him during the mid 80's. Those were the good old days of over a dozen outfits at every trial and 20 odd at the Aust titles.

I will admit that Samantha did an absolutely brilliant job for her first ever outing on an outfit (I am discounting the rides she had as a toddler). How often is it now days that your child will actually listen to what you tell them, let alone actually try and do it. I am still working on getting her to passenger for me at this years Peter Sparks, hopefully she will have forgotten the fear and pain of bouncing down a hill with an out of control outfit!

CJ
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:33:16 pm by Colj500 »
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2010, 10:50:48 pm »
Peraps you should try a road trials outfit for a go. There's one on the ASA site for $3000 at the moment Would be a good thing to try if you ask me, but we don't have road trials in Qld or Vinduro for that matter!

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2010, 09:00:46 am »
One of my many projects is to build up a XT500C as a late 70 / early 80's period road trial outfit. I have been competing in the road trial (they call it reliability trials now days though) series for the last two years on one of my XT500C solo and have some how managed to win the Class M (for bikes over 20 years old) series and state championship both years. I have just finished overhauling the bike for this season and hope to make it a hat trick.

If all thing go as plan, I will have the XT500 outfit ready for the 2011 series. Samantha has expressed an interest in passengering for me. but it will be a case of what she is up too in her life, as she would be 26 then.

It will pretty well fullfil a long held dream as Wilso and I considered building a road trial outfit many times during our career togehter in the 70/80's to ride in the 24hr trial. I have had 2 failed attempts during the past two years solo, and still want to have a go on a sidecar.

CJ

Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 10:09:30 am »
Well, congrats on that, well done. It's good to see someone having a go on an older bike to show those young dudes on their rocketships that in can still be done. maybe we should relegate them all to twin shockers and let us hve the rockets.
If you are set with your roadtrialer for 2011 you will be able to make the spectacular up here in Qld.
Cheers.
p.s. 26 is probably a bit young to be making those descisions anyway.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2010, 05:23:35 pm »
The girl still rides the chair,though this one is softer and higher  ;D Congratulations on the new job  :-*

Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2010, 05:38:09 pm »
A Queensland lady passenger the day before Proserpine Whitsunday Classic event.  :P
Also a ozvmxforum member in the dark red shirt a winner of the show & shine day 8)

Dave sitting placed a second at this years Whitsunday Classic-Proserpine ..Another Congratulations  :-*  Tell ya that house hold will be smilin for a while  ;D  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2012, 07:47:54 pm »
With this topic starting a few years ago,we could add a few more outfit girls.  :P
Especially from the east coast ? 8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2012, 07:26:15 am »
ATM we have 3 regulars and one newbie girl riding or swinging here in Qld. Helen Mattock, as pictured above is still passengering and lately has had some rides with a new rider in Lisa Fox on an XS650 EML. Helen Hollaway, wife of Wayne that swings for Jamie McMurdo and is current Dirt track and MX champ, rides on a GR650 outfit and then we have a new crew on an XR500 homebuilt.
I will attempt to get some pics up.   

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:31 am »
I got beaten by girls at Crystal Brook round 4 ASA one even said she was getting board out there on her own  :'( ouch

:) its bloody good to see 2 side cars in front piloted by girls hopefully next year there will be 3 and yes me mates let me know I was beaten by girls  ;)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2012, 04:19:16 pm »
Time to open the chokes Shelpi :D :D :D
Don't be embarrased to get flogged by Lara mate, she's as good as many top blokes I've swung for, and Kirsty comes from a long line of good sidecar folk.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2012, 10:45:20 am »
 :D ah yer ya right if ya gunna be beaten by girls they are the ones to do it  ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 06:54:26 pm »
I first spotted tuutoosfluffy skirts in Queensland..Its a spreading disease  ;D

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/southwest/a/-/sport/15025251/vintage-motox-an-all-round-winner/
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2012, 08:44:08 am »
Bit of a worry when the guys are wearing them but.......

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2012, 09:23:42 am »
hmm two x tuutoos doesnt that make a fourfour  ???