Author Topic: CZ ignition timing  (Read 5374 times)

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: CZ ignition timing
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 12:49:08 pm »
Good result! ;D

shakeyCZ

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 07:37:18 pm »
That's good to hear it worked, one question did you change type of air filter or just put in a new? I might try that on mine and see what happens

Offline stump magnet

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 06:22:04 am »
im running the front plug on my 360 sidepipe what advantage is there to run the rear?

Stormer

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 07:55:15 am »
Hi Guys
Changed filter to a different type to get away from the paper element, don't know whether it makes a difference to use front or rear plug but thought i adjusted the ignition timing on the rear plug so thats how i will run it.
cheers Pat

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 09:55:27 am »
Stormy,I didn't know you could even get a paper filter anymore :D Unifilter makes an excellent 2 stage foam one.Stumpy I vaguely remember something about better combustion with the rear plug due to the elliptical shape of the combustion area in the head but could be mistaken. ???

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 07:31:58 pm »
Personally I use twin air filters, my uni filter only got used once before a hole appeared at the bottom of it caused by a bit of fuel sitting there dissolving the foam

The 74 onward bikes that only run a single plug use the rear hole, I have 1 for a 74 & it is very obvious that the front hole could be drilled but wasn't at the factory.
The way the transfer ports work may have something to do with the rear plug being preferable
I'm running a rd400 coil on my hybrid ignition firing both plugs, starts first kick every time but for the initial start of the meeting which seems to be more fuel related than anything
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:49:14 am by tony27 »

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 08:48:32 pm »
If you look at the shape of the head combustion chamber the rear plug is right at the deepest part, away from piston, where as the front plug although in the middle of the piston is on the edge of the combustion area,
My bike even has a different exhaust note if I use the front plug, but interestingly it sometimes starts easier on the front plug ::)

I use the rear plug when riding.

Noel

Offline stump magnet

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 09:52:15 pm »
right then chaps rear plug it is then cheers