Author Topic: Steering issues.  (Read 6458 times)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Steering issues.
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 11:11:31 am »
What did you end up doing to get the result, was it just the head light remount?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 06:56:53 pm »
To be honest, I don't really know - I did the whole "change lots of things at once" trick...  ::)

My gut feeling is that the headlight mounts, shock setting and triple clamp made the difference to the steering problem. The gearing, seat and footpegs are more about riding it faster, more comfortably.

Today, the new tyres and mousse tubes were fitted, along with that service I threatened (yes Ross, including lubing the chain). The top shock bearing is squeaking, so I've gotta lube that up, and I need to work out what they want me to do for mounting the number and make that happen.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 07:12:01 pm »
Good luck on the 24hr in a week and a bit. Lighting shouldnt be a problem as I noticed a HID ballast in your photo. Hope the fog and rain stays away for everyone n keep those hands warm. Have you done a few 24s.
Regards Troy

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 08:39:35 am »
Make sure you take your thermals... and a torch [in your pocket] to help you find the bike if you happen to bail in the dark...

Keep us up to date with your progress. Good luck!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:32 pm »
talking to a bloke at Morgan last weekend thats done the 24 a few times and was saying, make sure you always put in new wheel bearings, a $2 part that has undone alot of enterants