Poll

Will Pastrana collect the old age pension eventually?

Yes, he'll retire gracefully
2 (8%)
No, he'll get bit by a stunt gone wrong
12 (48%)
Who the Hell cares anyway?
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Travis Pastrana All time legend????  (Read 7412 times)

husky61

Re: Travis Pastrana All time legend????
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 09:52:45 am »
No big deal with Travis.

Thumbs up for his conviction / addiction to adventure.

You gotta love jumping out of planes. (Put in on your bucket list)

People like Travis only do the things they do because they can. Not for the publicity or for your pleasure or what ever reaction you may have. The publicity only comes mainly because he is public property (per say). Having said that they usually do it even if there is no payment attached.

You will find if you take away the camera he will still make the same attempts , its the way he's wired.

Power to Travis and his spirit of adventure.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 06:29:53 pm »
OK - I've read all the posts and now it's my two bob's worth.

I agree that the Pastrana phenomena is a generational thing but I thing it is more than that.

Travis and Robbie Maddison and many other extreme sport type people represent all of us. They are the kind of individuals who do the crazy stuff that many of us wish we had the ability, the balls and at times the stupidity to have a go at but never do.

When we are rocking back and forth at the St Andrews Home for Sterile Old Men it would be good to think that we at least had a go at doing our best and did a few exciting things along the way. Maybe we can't do what Travis can do but guys like him show us that you can extend yourselves and live an action packed life, even if it doing your best at the back of the pack just having fun. I work with one of the worlds dullest firemen whose biggest thrill is doing some hot laps with his AFX slot car in his garage while most of us have our sheds cluttered with bikes in varying stages of rebuild etc etc  -this sad prick won't even take his little boy to the Easter Show or bung on an easter egg hunt!!! More power to Travis, the tatted up Crusty guys and others I say!

While on the 'extreme' thing, and with CD5 approaching quicker than a 490 Maico on full noise spare a thought for some other guys who put themselves right 'out there'. Friday the 25th of April when CD5 kicks off is also ANZAC Day, so while we assemble for three days of mayhem take time out to think of those guys who went to war for us so we could enjoy all the things we do!

THEY were the ones who knew what 'Extreme' REALLY means.

Lest We Forget.

See at the Terrace,

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

All Things 414

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2008, 10:19:24 am »
Fuggin' good on 'im :) :) :)

maicopunk

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 06:22:21 pm »
Was just surfing the web looking for articles on fitness and stumbled on some info about rowing machines.

They had a 500 metre rowing challenge with the times from athletes of lots of sports. They didn't say what sports all the people are from but I recognised the following names.
1st Travis Pastrana
9th Ben Townley
11th Dan Reardon
20th Ricky Carmichael
21 Nicky Hayden
23 Jeff Ward

Can't knock his committment.