Author Topic: Simons for pre 78?  (Read 54666 times)

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Simons for pre 78?
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2012, 04:48:46 pm »
Hmmmmmm? I was Happy 15 pages ago, Thanks Dave  ;D ;D ;D. So has anyone got mag adverts or brouchers to prove thay were available in 77. Thanks Birko.
I think that I have got a '76 or '77 edition of Motocross Action magazine somewhere, with an article titled "Get ten from an RM". It shows Jody Weisel standing on a milk crate to get onto an RM fitted with Simons forks and Fox airshocks. I will go and have a look for it. I assume this could be used for proof of availability pre '78.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2012, 06:00:50 pm »
Thanks for that,all you got to do is ask. Love the Forum. ;D ;D ;D
Couple of CR`s

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2012, 06:19:34 pm »
I found the magazine, but it is not exactly how I remembered it . The forks in the article are standard RM forks fitted with Al Baker aftermarket damper rods. There are smaller pics in the 11/77 magazine with Pat Richter on an FMF Suzuki fitted with Simons forks, but it is probably not the best evidence to use for proof of availability. Someone else out there should have something better.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2012, 07:52:38 pm »
Hmmmmmm? I was Happy 15 pages ago, Thanks Dave  ;D ;D ;D. So has anyone got mag adverts or brouchers to prove thay were available in 77. Thanks Birko.
I think that I have got a '76 or '77 edition of Motocross Action magazine somewhere, with an article titled "Get ten from an RM". It shows Jody Weisel standing on a milk crate to get onto an RM fitted with Simons forks and Fox airshocks. I will go and have a look for it. I assume this could be used for proof of availability pre '78.
I've got all the Motocross Action mags from the 70's.. Yes Simons forks were available and used in 1977

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2012, 09:59:20 pm »
I found the magazine, but it is not exactly how I remembered it . The forks in the article are standard RM forks fitted with Al Baker aftermarket damper rods. There are smaller pics in the 11/77 magazine with Pat Richter on an FMF Suzuki fitted with Simons forks, but it is probably not the best evidence to use for proof of availability. Someone else out there should have something better.

I quoted Motocross Action June 77 on page 4 of this topic.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:52 pm »
Thanks MM, June 77, I`ll track down a Copy.
Couple of CR`s

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2012, 11:05:48 pm »
He cant pack up your 2 valver yet Freaky, when I'm over for the Johnny Old with Brad in a few weeks, the 3 of us are gonna flog it around the Taupo MX track and see how it goes. ;D

Make sure you bring somethign back with you then, i have some bikes leaving Qld soon, so any parts you can drag home the merrier.  cant fit a Motor on ya lap can you....
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff