Author Topic: Ok Need answers  (Read 5281 times)

Offline stump magnet

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Ok Need answers
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 10:49:50 pm »
try this before you split the cases, get hold of some gel type superglue,drain the gearbox oil and remove the inspection cover, then degrease the seam on the inside of the crank cases (this is where the oil may be drawn in) from the top down to the drain plug, i used strong paint thinners, then treat the seam with some superglue activator.
let it all dry out then squirt the super glue at the top of the seam with a big enough blob and watch it slowly run down to the bottom, then squirt this bead of super glue with the activator so it goes off.
repeat if neccessary to attain a good thick bead (i did it twice).
the glue will be pulled in by any gaps and will then seal with the activator.
this is only a temp fix but works well and cured an air leak on my twinport for a whole season till i had time to split the cases and use the old silk thread trick.
dont worry the cases will not "super glue together" as your just sealing the tiniest of leaks you just scrape it off when you split the cases.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:08:21 am by stump magnet »

shakeyCZ

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 08:26:22 am »
wow thats a good one Stump Magnet, will have to keep that one super glue fix, its amazing just how many things you can do with super glue.  I think i will split the cases and get it wright, but do you all think it will cause it to run bad?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 02:19:26 pm »
this thread is now got me thinking of the problem i have. rebuilt top end including reed valve and porting.also converting to run on methenol.its very rich at the moment 3/32 main jet it ran with a 2.5mm main but very rich.the exhurst is not sealed on the join and oil drips down and splashes up from the joint.it leaves a small puddle the size of a 50c bit after running 900mm of fuel through it.about 8-15 kicks from cold first up but after each 300ml run it starts first kick every time.runs fat but its new and so is the jetting waiting for my tank then will give it a run and see how it goes when hot.i will leave the bike for a week and see if the crankcase is full of oil.i dont know what colour the oil is (colour blind) plug is dry but dark.wonder if its unburnt shel m 20:1
jim

Offline stump magnet

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 11:33:44 pm »
wow thats a good one Stump Magnet, will have to keep that one super glue fix, its amazing just how many things you can do with super glue.  I think i will split the cases and get it wright, but do you all think it will cause it to run bad?
as i said just a temp fix though it does work and will eliminate one posible leak path.
sucking in gear oil will make your bike run very rich especialy at the top end though
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:41:27 pm by stump magnet »

shakeyCZ

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 09:53:01 pm »
Well found the leak, I put some pressure in the gear box(air) and oil came from gear box and seal on crank gear drive side, so new seal spilt case and found I must have not let the gasket glue dry enough as there was a big hole that looks like it was sucked in towards the crank and dryed in a funny shape so will let you no it I have fixed it thanks again everyone.