Author Topic: Bring on the RWC.  (Read 4352 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Bring on the RWC.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 01:53:15 pm »
have the game but the emphasis should be on the game not the so called  'spectacle'.
That's my take as well it's why the Australian World Cup was so succesful. Because we got the event by default and with a short notice when NZ had problems raising the cash to run it, there were no new stadia or any major infrastructure built. The facilities were already in use, the 85.000 capacity main stadium being a 'leftover' from the Olympics and all of the smaller venues in place to cater for the existing Rugby League, and to a lesser extent Rugby Union comps. That event is row fondly remembered by the International rugby media as the best world Cup of them all and it even made a hefty profit (which the ARU promptly pissed against the wall, but that's another story).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:56:47 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 01:56:47 pm »
Bloody well said Marc  :)

Mate I am not anti RWC, but we could have taken the high ground and really demonstrated what kind of country we could be and the fans are visiting, instead of acting like kids,

nobody is going to miss the $2 million dollar giant inflatable Rugby Ball, 4 million dollar inflatable canoe, better yet inform visiting fans that the reason you are not seeing these things is that 6 million went to a children s hospital or homeless shelter. Who wouldn't be proud and impressed with countries that can make those kinds of gestures.
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 02:17:02 pm »
Those in charge will tell you " but we have to spend all this to get the corporate sponsorship " just to put a MX angle on it (and keep the "this is a VMX site" brigade happy) thats exactly the bullshit the fat Eyetie prick spins about the GPs these days .

Firko that RWC in Aussie was a corker  :) especially after that poisoning debacle at the previous one  >:( sadly i feel that boat has sailed though :'(

I love the game but hate the bullshit that comes with it at the top level  >:(

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 02:29:29 pm »
I love the game but hate the bullshit that comes with it at the top level
Thankfully that's only in NZ, Bill. It's the league producing the bullshit here, where the off field crapola becomes bigger than the game.

Anyway, back on thread....Quade Cooper has ben exonerated for supposedly kneeing Richie McCaw in the head. I watched the game and didn't see the 'incident', nor did the officials but the Kiwi press were apparently all over it this morning. They seem to have blinkers on to Richies offside play and breakdown infringements but somehow saw Cooper 'viciously' kneeing dear old Richie in the head. Go figure ???.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 06:18:26 pm »
I played for years in NZ(age group through to senior) and representd Marlborough a few times and definatley know what an intentional knee in the head is,Quade got away with it and i think that's a good thing, i did'nt like the action but atleast everyone will have full strength teams at world cup time ,no bullshit excuses about a team missing a key player,bring it on!

cheers Dale.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 06:27:45 pm »
THE GUYS A MAGOTT(gifted) AND AS SOON AS HE ,sbw, ANASTA AND CO GO sign to go to LEAUGE FOR THE MONEY THE BETTER.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:36:40 pm by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Curly3

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 06:35:21 pm »
From the home of Richard Loe ;D
Rugby can keep SBW, he's a goose and Anasta has never left League.
The Jury is still out on Cooper.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:49:48 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 09:52:21 pm »
In the end it's only a game, the odd love tap happens all the time..from both sides...I agree Cooper's a bit of a goose but he sure can play so he'll do me for now. Sonny Bill can stay in NZ for all I care. He and Cooper are under the same management team as Antony Mundine so it would seem that being an idiot might just be a prerequisite for being in that group. I don't get the Anasta jibe Mikey ??? He's a bit of a dick but he's always been a league player.
It's been a yin and yang footy weekend for me, the Wallabies won but my beloved Rabbitoes lost to the Broncos and probably ended their finals hope, reviving the old Rabbitoe credo....'maybe next year'. ::)

Curly3

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 07:37:33 am »
Say no more if Mundine is involved.
The Bunnies are still in it Firko, if they can beat the Knights in Newcastle, without Inglis by the sound of it.