Author Topic: Vinduro competition  (Read 18023 times)

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Vinduro competition
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010, 09:10:46 pm »
We can make the rules you will need NSW conditional off road rego working lights stop light I think a mirror but can be total loss system I dont think 1985 is set in stone as long as the bike looks vintage that will probable do

trailietrash

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 10:33:10 pm »
We can make the rules you will need NSW conditional off road rego

I'm curious to know what NSW conditional off road rego will allow pre 85 bikes from NSW to be ridden on public land? There is Historic rego which does not allow for any modifications (so modified MX'ers are out) but would suit bikes that have been previously registered. Then there is Ag rego which will only allow bikes that have never been compliance but they can be only used "for farming purposes". All Terrain Vehicles, that can only be used by farmers, forestry, NPWS, surf clubs, Rural land protection boards and Councils to spray weeds.
Other than these conditional rego's I cannot find one that would allow for any Enduro bikes to be ridden on public land by riders from NSW without full registration.

Any info could help in working towards establishing a conditional off road rego scheme for motorcycle riders in NSW

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2010, 12:11:36 am »
Its an Unregistered Vehicle Permit, and is only valid for a MA sanctioned event. The give no fark for compliance plates or most of the rest of the full-rego guff, because they recognise that the bike will be doing very little on-road work, the bike will be scrutineered, and you're not using it for commuting to work/getting a loaf of bread from the shops.
Its the same scheme that they use for moving tractors/earth moving equipment etc.

Dunno if you need a RWC for a UVP on a bike? Rally cars don't. If not, then you've got to fill out a declaration of road-worthyness, which asks questions like "Does it have brakes?" (no kidding - tractors and stuff, remember).

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

IT400C

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2010, 09:47:46 am »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) A 125 mite kill ya Tony, gotta hurt at the least.

May do!  ;D  But I've kept my eye in on 125's for many years - love them in the bush, love the lack of finess required to ride them.  Love climbing hills on 125's - none of this picking a line rubbish, just draw a straight line between the bottom and the top and keep it pinned until you get there...     :D ;) ::)

Haven't owned a 125 in maybe 10 years, but I always seemed to go back to one every 2nd or 3rd bike...

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2010, 07:43:40 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) A 125 mite kill ya Tony, gotta hurt at the least.
May do!  ;D  But I've kept my eye in on 125's for many years - love them in the bush, love the lack of finess required to ride them.  Love climbing hills on 125's - none of this picking a line rubbish, just draw a straight line between the bottom and the top and keep it pinned until you get there...     :D ;) ::)
Haven't owned a 125 in maybe 10 years, but I always seemed to go back to one every 2nd or 3rd bike...
Have pity Tony. If you get a 125 then I,ll have to get one too. ;D
So as I,ll have someone I know to race. :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2010, 11:12:30 pm »
Any idea on  the entry fees & M/A licence costs for the 2 day event  at Portland ?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:16:54 pm by b490 »

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2011, 03:59:19 pm »
For any one that is interested a 2 day enduro is being organized at Portland NSW where the 4 day was held this year  in Feb 2011 which will have a Vintage class  we need at least 10 for the class we have 6 at the moment it will be run by oyster bay mcc it will be a proper enduro

I sent an email to the OBMCC club asking about the 2 day enduro. Got this response back......

Yes it's a state Enduro and therefore runs to the state Enduro rules and classes. The dates are set for the 26th and 27th March. Not sure on the entry fee yet as this is set by MNSW.

Can give you more information closer to the time.

I cant see vintage classes in the GCRs Enduro section. Any other info out there?

EBT

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2011, 12:43:58 am »
You can have a 'competitive' class for those who want to race and a 'rally' or clubman' class that is not timed or what ever for those that want to cruise around and not 'compete'. With awards for the most laps completed currently, they are kinda getting close to being competitive anyway.

I hope to see a competitive Vinduro down the track, and if it happens over a 6 hour event or more , I will enter straight away  :) I dont even care if I come last, I just want & like the challenge...

Cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:45:54 am by EBT »