Author Topic: RE:another rider dies tragic  (Read 3761 times)

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RE:another rider dies tragic
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 07:54:57 am »
That Pine Forest is where I used to ride as a young bloke, Hardly used to think twice about mounting up for a solo blatt. Even after coming to grief on a lone ranger ride, I still did it. I cant say I would recommend this practice, but what can I say, when you gotta go, you gotta go. I spose I was young, dum and full of it, these days I am a little more cautious. In any case it is a Tragedy to hear of someone dying alone in the bush, I feel for those he has left behind.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: RE:another rider dies tragic
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 05:52:22 pm »
There will be a police blitz out there now as it has been illegal to ride out there for years. There will be heaps of people getting fines as it is a very popular place. I started riding out there on my first bike (GT80) in 1979. This will no doubt add to the 'motorbikes are the tool of the devil' theory.
Not wrong...Where can you go now without being harrassed? Council just put A bloody big fence up along Johnson rd at Larapinta where I take my son. Now hes limited to the QVMX meets as well (he'd love to ride every weekend if he could).
I remember when there was about 5 clubs close to Brisvegas,we were spoilt for choice!How times change...