Author Topic: Trackmaster frame for flat track  (Read 13884 times)

firko

Re: Trackmaster frame for flat track
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 04:35:59 pm »
Speaking of Bob Neilson, here's a bike he's currently restoring to donate to the Dan Rouitt Flat Track Museum. It's a bit of a basket case but it's got all of the bits like a Shell Thuett 750 Yamaha engine and this unique frame. Can you guess what it is Freaky? ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 04:38:09 pm »
Some kinda KR ?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:41:11 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 05:05:37 pm »
No...

Offline sudman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 05:11:17 pm »
Or this C&J frame. C&J made their name with this frame, both in desert and flat track (different frame geometry though) It looks a tad like Jims mystery frame too. :-\

Early C&J frame for Honda XL350 side port. Has brake lever and foot pegs. $900 obo
Rick     661-435-0880     [email protected] 

This one's on it's way to NZ, will be here on or about the 11th of December, paid a little less than the asking price.

New project ;D
PE175T,RM175T,C & J XL350 73,C&J XL350 75

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 05:15:37 pm »
No...

Have seen that frame before thou, its the one you undo the front and rear lower Rails to get the motor out huh.   LEt me go back through my pics.  :)
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 10:29:54 pm »
Good score Suds...are you doing it as a flat tracker or another desert/motocrosser?

firko

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 10:02:15 am »
I had a computer meltdown last week so I never got back to answering what Bob Neilsons frame is.
Believe it or not Freaky, it's a very early Champion. Here's Bobs description in his own words.................

Mark That Champion is the very first design Doug Schwerma did for a 650 Yamaha. I understand from Bob Milburn that there were about 20 of them made back then. This is the first time I have seen one in person for 35 years. Not sure it really worked that well. The idea was so they could drop the motor out to work on the top end. Now most custom frames are this way with the stressed member Rob North style perimeter chassis. I am going to do it as a Roberts replica for the Rouitt flat track museum. Just one of those things no one ever sees or have only seen in photos. regards, Bob

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 10:15:57 am »
I remember seeing one for sale in the US a while back. The latest Just Bikes has an add for a triumph trackmaster in it, might be worth a look, trick photo but unfortunately not the bike for sale, don't you love that?
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

firko

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 10:23:41 am »
This fella has been trying to flog off this bunch of Huskys as a job lot for yonks. Another forum member and I both made enquiries about whether he'll sell the Trackmaster Husky seperately but he's sticking firm to selling them as a job lot. The fact that he's still got all of the bikes a year later must tell him his sales tactics are a bit off. If he put them on the Swapmeet ot even eBay seperately he'd be sure to eventually sell them but he can't see the wisdom in that. The old cynic in me suspects that something ain't quite right here, you might just find that most of it is rooted despite them looking pretty good in the photos.
The Trackmaster's a tasty bit of kit though. It seems to have all of the bells ans whistles....Barnes hubs, Ceriani forks etc.

FOR SALE
Ad # 3162951 November 24, 2010

large husy collection forsale cheap. 2 1975 cr250, 1970 360 8speed, trackmaster framed 360gp with all the trick stuff, 510 4 stroke, 1987 xc500, 1979 or390, 1979 cr390. 500 auto, 1973 cr125, american eagle 450, $800.00 obo a bike if you buy them all, most bikes worth 2 to 3 times that, or trade, 60 other rare bikes to sell or trade also, thanks
     Rob Wilcox
Medford, OR

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 11:52:33 am »
Yeah $800 for that beast would be sweet.
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 12:53:00 pm »
Every time i see that one i have to ask myself the same questions.  As for that bike im not sure of the motor year, but everthing else is a bitsa, from a few years and bikes.  i suspect it made up of stuff he had lying around to cobble a bike together as you guys are guessing with all the stuff.

What look like yamaha forks, a steel front wheel, late swing arm, champion tail seat that must be swinging in the breeze up back, folding peg for a kick start on a Track bike............
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 04:51:38 pm »
have spoken to my contact in the usa ,and i asked question about these bikes.i wont print his reply but run away quickly is good advice