Author Topic: VMX and other sports.  (Read 7191 times)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: VMX and other sports.
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 01:31:58 pm »
Now why doesn't it surprise me that you've got a Suzuki guitar Doc?   and a Yamaha!  I've got a Yamaha FP-310 6 string. Maico didn't make guitars unfortunately.
I want one of these, a National steel. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SNcOyMLJ1xI

I'd never heard of Charlie Parr but I intend to hear more. Thanks for the clip!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2008, 01:41:38 pm »
Hmmmm... sports wise I haven't done too much else. I played some hockey as a kid, did a little gymnastics at school, got into gym (weights) for a while in my 20s. Played some competitive table tennis for a few years too. A lot of my spare time was taken up with other hobbies - photography, writing, ham radio, model aircraft, WW2 aeroplane history buff, that sort of thing.

Been riding since I was 15, but not competitively for most of that time. In fact, I only started racing motocross once I got into vintage in 2000. But I sure have done a fair range of stuff even if only for the experience - MX, DT, enduro, trails, speedway, road, trackdays etc.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 05:47:41 pm »
Racing stuff (had a go at most things with wheels and jet boats) have VMX , modern bikes and rally car at present also shooting stuff, currently into military shooting.
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 01:30:38 pm »
I think I got my first bike riding lesson at 7-8, rode all sorts of things, 10 years racing Enduro, MX etc until my mid 30s, track days, building bikes, reading about bikes, windsurfing is my other thing.

Seems to be this commonality between bikes and going fast on water, windsurfing is real deal rush like bikes.
formerly Marc.com

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 02:30:56 pm »
I am a star at falling off things.
Rugby league from 6, a bit of surfing for a decade, minibikes from about 10, lots of skateboarding,
abseiling, rock fishing, lost interest in dirt bikes circa 18 (cops!)
Huge fun doing roller hockey and ice skating. A little water skiing and scuba diving.
A few rallysprints with Norm17 (an awesome driver, btw).

and now starting into building 5" live steam locomotives and home foundry work - "sport" of a more relaxed nature!

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 03:36:29 pm »
Pretty well bikes all the way since about 9 y.o. for me. Dabbled in a bit of sailing and windsurfing. Never into footy or cricket (yawn) seem to need a bit of adrenalin to keep the interest. At 50 I still like to pull long wheelies (to me anyway) on the pushy, keeps the fitness up a bit and and get the adrenalin fix.