Author Topic: any news on les richter  (Read 5270 times)

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: any news on les richter
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 07:21:02 pm »
Speedy get well les from iain & margaret cameron tas
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 07:24:26 pm »
Damn, Thats bad news, Get well soon Les.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 09:14:28 pm »
Good luck Les get well soon. pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:23 pm »
Went up to see Les at the hospital and hes in pretty good spirits , ven managed a laugh or two (might be the drugs), sitting up in a chair and feeling very sore and sorry for himself, very dissapointed he doesnt get to ride Nepean and the Nationals at Griffiths as this is all hes talked about for months.

He doesnt remember anything about the stack, just being on the start line and nothing else so that probably a good thing.

Like the true professional he is, the first question he asked me" Is me bike alright" :D how many times have we all asked that after a good get off :D

Shit news. Les is a good friend, and it's true, he's had a couple of nasty offs in recent times including his biggy with Turtle at
Moruya last year. I hope he pulls up with only a bit of bark missing.....

That was the first thing I thought of coming back around the track "FLICK, have i taken him out again ::) Now note to self loctite this loctite that
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 10:12:28 pm »
Get well soon Les. Hope you still get down to Griffith for the DT Nats .Good food, good scenery not to mention the racing- and there could well be a European bike or two in need of fettling.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 05:20:35 pm »
how is les? any news out of hospital

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 09:16:51 pm »
my question is who was the Scrutineer and why did he  not notice the nylocs were missing from said part  before raceing begin

No scrutineer is ever going to be able to spot every problem on every bike. If nothing else, scrutineering would take weeks if every bike was checked to that level of detail.
Trying to lay the blame on a volunteer official is pretty rough, particularly when you consider the standard of Les' bikes.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 09:30:11 pm »

spoke to my friend who was at the track and apparently the front brake arm came out not the rear and the bike went into a major cartwheeling episode .and  the starter found the bolt on the start line ,my question is who was the Scrutineer and why did he  not notice the nylocs were missing from said part  before raceing begin
I bet it was the bolt down the bottom. Any one with a Maico needs to check that bolt on a regular basis. Loctite it to start with. I know of two forum members as well as myself that the bolt has come out of our Maico. Instant carnage as the brakes spin and catch on the fork, pulling the brake on. Instant over the bars.
Bit rough pointing the finger though bud. You better check all yours  ;)

firko

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 09:56:58 pm »
I bet it was the bolt down the bottom. Any one with a Maico needs to check that bolt on a regular basis. Loctite it to start with. I know of two forum members as well as myself that the bolt has come out of our Maico. Instant carnage as the brakes spin and catch on the fork, pulling the brake on. Instant over the bars.
Bit rough pointing the finger though bud. You better check all yours
I've had a similar problem with using the magnesium Maico backing plate. I had the plate crack causing the plate to distort and engage the brake. Luckily I wasn't going all that fast (as usual) so I didn't crash.
 It's happened to me and to a friend and we both replaced the mag backing plates with aluminium versions, just to be safe.

I'll give Les a ring tomorrow and see how he's going.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 10:45:27 pm »
shane & i took it off turtell & wheeled it back to the pits,the front cable was dissconnected from the bottom lever arm,the cable retainers' slot was wide enough for the cable to pass through,but i made the observation there was no hole enlargement to locate & retain the nipple,to me it just popped out,maybe due to the bikes somersaulting antics,i did not look at the rear wheel,only noted the squashed centre portion of the expipe,wondering to self what part of Les had achieved that?,that little point with the cable nipple would not have been noted by a scrutineer!(in my opion),mick
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!