Author Topic: front number plate bracket's  (Read 4801 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: front number plate bracket's
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 12:52:49 pm »
Been using those tool peg brackets , $2 a pair and work a treat.

But i like you work Stew anyway...
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 11:01:24 pm »
Oldfart I like what you have made.  I might have a go myself you've made it look easy.About the tape you could slice fuel line down one side and slide it over the edge of the alloy. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 11:31:23 pm »
This is better than buying the Yamaha-copy stainless wire thingies from Scott, and mounting the number plate Yamaha style?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Vintage-YZ-Translucent-Oval-front-number-plate-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563920b782QQitemZ370325632898QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 12:40:21 pm »
Oldfart

Good to see you're still getting mileage from these bright ideas.

Pete

firko

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 02:34:35 pm »
Good work Stuart, one of the things many overlook is to secure their front number plate neatly and securely. Cable ties might work OK but I reckon they look a tad funky. In my opinion there's nothing better than a neat gizmo. I use the alloy brackets (bottom) that I turn up out of alloy but I suppose you could make 'em out of anything. I'm thinking of nylon chopping board material for the next pair.I copied them from items sold on eBay for $30+. The other bracket is similar in design to Stuarts but I have no idea of its origins. I've had it on a few different bikes over the years and it now lives on my B&S TM400. Someone once told me its made by Webco, which wouldn't surprise me as they made a lot of cool stuff.

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 03:38:05 pm »
Mark (and others) - you can still buy brackets like the top one in your photo.  I bought one not that long ago from Penton Parts.  They're stainless steel and cheap, go halfway down this page:

www.pentonpartsusa.com/3b%208%20KTM%20forks.htm

Regards

Ken