Author Topic: Trick 1973 Yamaha 360 MX  (Read 23307 times)

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
Re: Trick 1973 Yamaha 360 MX
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2009, 10:13:05 pm »
I have approached the Novation Swingarm subject twice.  Once on this forum,  and once on the previous version,  before it got hacked.  I likie the look of this hybrid  and the Novation SWingarm.  In fact I have had these pics on my website for a few years now.  http://www.vmx.com.au/gallery2.htm

Short of it is that The Novation,  or Marc's Swingarm are not accepted replacements for the real Yammy Part,  so they are not accepted by MA,  there for you cannot race in VMX classes or the nationals.  Still,  if you like the look,  then go for it.

firko

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2009, 10:56:08 pm »
Short of it is that The Novation,  or Marc's Swingarm are not accepted replacements for the real Yammy Part,  so they are not accepted by MA
I don't quite get your point here. Marcs swingarm is most definitely legal as it's a real deal period PDI item. It might be ugly but it's totally legal so long as heonly uses the original shock mounting positions. The Novation on that bike however is ilegal by our rules because it doesn't replicate anything that was available back in the period. Novation do make damn good replica period swingarms but that particular item is not one of them.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2009, 01:42:53 am »
oh too true, my swingarm rules and is the trickest thing you can get in pristine uncircumcised condition.
formerly Marc.com