Author Topic: l am beautiful in so many ways.  (Read 10822 times)

Offline Michael Moore

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Euro Spares
Re: l am beautiful in so many ways.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »
While i'm at it, does anyone recall a liteweight [think esso engine] mx bike back then that i think was of alloy tube glued together aircraft style i think it said, maybe tubes glued into cast ally lugs but don't think it ended up going into production [probably broke at the first jump!!], but was at a motor show.

The Lito X-cam

cheers,
Michael

Offline Michael Moore

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Euro Spares
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 04:33:24 pm »
Also:

cheers,
Michael

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 08:35:07 pm »
thanks for finding that. Got me going now as i think it looked slightly different but in saying that--it was a pre production show bike & 'was' a hell of a long time ago. This one [or these two?--front brake on opposite side in last pic] look like they have [think] cz forks & wheel, plus maybe rear wheel, wonder if that's a modification as cz's would be after this bike was manufactured [me thinks]. Off to find my old magazines--now where are they.!! Cheers Morley. ps, or are they Ceriani's.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »
Love the oil in frame fillers
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 10:58:50 pm »
I read somewhere that the X Frame was actually glued together. Those Pesky Swedes sure liked to do some out there stuff in the sixties. O'll post a couple of weird Swedish bikes including a couple of AJ's later in the weekend. I'm too pissed now after the rugby.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 11:26:40 pm »
is that what they are on either side in front of the seat?, oil fillers, expanded pics up to have a better look. don't recall gearing anything about it after it was shown at a bike show [earls court or somewhere], maybe the 2 strokes [cz etc] had the 4 stroke thinking the writing's on the wall, in saying that--these two bikes in the pics look well used.

Offline Michael Moore

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Euro Spares
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 01:53:04 am »
Yes, the lug and tube construction was so they could use adhesive at the joints. 

This article is about a modern RR frame using honeycomb board with everything glued together.  Being able to avoid dealing with the distortion from welding would be nice:

http://www.eurospares.com/graphics/chassis/MooreSpeedHoneycombBIKEMarch1989.pdf

cheers,
Michael