• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: BTDC
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 07:18:42 pm »
The X isn't as obvious as I'd hoped due to lighting but hopefully this helps

shakeyCZ

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 05:11:33 pm »
I found my X on the flywheel after I steel wooled it, so I guess when I put the flywheel back on the crank I was surpose to line it up some how, should I have done this? so should the piston be at TDC when I installed the flywheel? As I found no info on this in any of my books for my CZ.

And thanks to all for your help Its been great and I will keep trying till I get it right. ;D ;D

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 05:45:50 pm »
the flywheel can only go on 1 way as it is held in place by the keyway.set it all up to run points gap is 12 thou at top dead centre.must be done first.
using dial inticator zero tdc then move flywheel to 3.02 mm btdc .02 is for the plug on side.set points to be just cracked.check this with tally hos or with a test light.tighten then recheck
jim

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 05:55:45 pm »
HI,
couldn't help but notice the photo shows the Ignition flywheel has been dismantled (unrivetted)from the centre boss , the standard procedure to remove the ignition flywheel undoing the lefthanded nut and use the CZ flywheel puller to remove it intact.
Do you have a complete flywheel or photo of one, they can only be located on the crankshaft taper one way , on the keyway,

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 06:06:24 pm »
jikov
the guy is making a cdi for cz using the center of th flywheel in earlyer posts i think grafting a ts185
jim

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 07:31:34 pm »
Jimg1au is correct there, I bought that flywheel in from the states for about $35 to get the centre for fitting to a ts flywheel

Only complete flywheel I have not in the bike is for the sidepipe engines & they have quite a few more letters stamped around the outside of them.

I'm still using points as I haven't drilled the stator plate yet but that should happen in the next week or so seeing as I just dropped the bike into work for fitting of a low level rear brake arm & to make a new stand as the shock mounts won't be usable for the stand with the brake rod running under them. Also in the middle of making some copies of the #1 products fork kits for Ian Pike & my bikes to try out at Taupo

Think the next couple of weeks will be really busy  ::)

shakeyCZ

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 08:41:31 pm »
my flywheel has no keyway slot nore dose my crank on that side, its just pressed on, is this no good?

shakeyCZ

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 09:00:51 pm »
well i have changed my mind he still sux, as he told me it died because he forgot to put oil in the fuel as he was going on 70 years old, but it turns out that the key must have gave way and the flywheel moved around the crank, maybe he did put oil in, and the flywheel cause the timing to slide out enough to detonate, ive just got to figure out a way to get the bit of the key out of the crank, i hope I dont have to split the engine again >:( >:( will post a photo soon of the key slot
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:55:49 pm by shakeyCZ »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 12:19:41 am »
The key is only for a reference it does not nor ever has held the flywheel in place. Try this lapp the flywheel onto the crank with valve grinding paste, freeze the taper with freeze spray and lay the flywheel in the hot sun for an hour do up with a rattle gun. It will not move and go off with a loud bang when taken off.
The firing point will be in the same spot relative to the stator.
Jesus only loves two strokes

shakeyCZ

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 12:43:00 pm »
well I put the flywheel back on and lined it up where is should go now I will on the weekend have another go at setting the timing, I have all the tools now so hope I can do it. 

Yet again thanks for all you help everyone and I will let you no how I go  ;D ;D