Author Topic: Vinduro Concepts and Future Directions  (Read 11542 times)

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Vinduro Concepts and Future Directions
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 09:22:54 pm »
Doing away with slapping a headlight on a motocross bike also sounds the go as they really shouldn't be in the bush at all (motocross bikes and those noisy mufflers) plus it keeps it pure to the concept and we all know how much some people around here like that idea.

Hmmm, In theory probably not a bad idea, but I used to ride YZ125's in enduros back in the early 80's and one day I'd love to pick up a YZ125J or K and do it up that way again...  Shit, I'm 40kg heavier now, and 25 years older, but it'd sure be fun.....    ;D ;D

Proof that converted MX bikes be allowed.......
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 10:43:10 pm »
........CONVERTED mx bikes are not the problem, my enduro bike in the 70's was a CR250 Husky with preston petty lights, the last two gears from a WR, and a proper silencer......and it was registered.
   It's the MX bikes with a light stuck on and not properly converted that are the problem, besides most of your top enduro bikes were last years 'crossers.

Roger

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 10:54:12 am »
I love those pics, IT400C, especially the last one.

Tex

IT400C

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 01:40:58 pm »
haha - yeah, that last one brings back some memories...   :)

If you look closely you'll notice that I've got no goggles on, no gloves on, and my timecard and spare tube in my hands.... 

It was a one day enduro (a round of the 1983 Yamaha Six Day Series) just outside of Brisbane, and as I was unloading, I noticed a flat front tyre...   >:(

Had to fix the flat, get the bike scrutineered and impounded, then race back to the car and throw my gear on...  Picked up my timecard and got the bike from the impound and then got to the start line with with about 30 seconds of my start minute left.   ::) ::)

Had to stop 20 metres down the road and finish getting dressed!!!   ;D

Tony
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:07:46 pm by IT400C »

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 10:00:09 pm »
........CONVERTED mx bikes are not the problem, my enduro bike in the 70's was a CR250 Husky with preston petty lights, the last two gears from a WR, and a proper silencer......and it was registered.
   It's the MX bikes with a light stuck on and not properly converted that are the problem, besides most of your top enduro bikes were last years 'crossers.

Roger

Well thats ok then............. 8)
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50