Author Topic: are these forks pre-65 legal  (Read 4533 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: are these forks pre-65 legal
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 10:02:39 pm »
Is that based on brand name only Jim or on era ?

its all well and good to say betor or cerriani but what model and what length inners are allowed ?
or do you just say the bottom leg is that brand so ita ok regardless of the year of MAnufacture, the differant lugs and brake stops and internal tube length ?

id like to know in the light of the NAt thing whats the actual interpretaion there.

I'm in the same boat.
I've got a set of Betors from a mid 70s Montesa - they've got <7" of travel - but they don't look like the earlier, generic Betors. Specifically, they've got a slightly odd shaped drop-out for the axle and the Montesa "M" cast in just above the axle.

Pre-65 legal or not?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 12:02:07 am »
the triples are 70's Ossa!!,bullies didn't have double bolts clamping arrangements,check them they will have 7mm threads too, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 07:48:42 pm »
Mick,
       Bully's had double pinch bolts on the bottom triple from about the Mk3 Pursang 1968(possibly earlier) and the tops had double pinch bolts from the Mk5 Pursang.All Alpina's and Sherpa's from about 72 had double bolts on the bottom and later on the top too.
     I think the triples that Mainline has will have no threads for the pinch bolts,they will be through holes for use with a 6mm bolt and nut.