Author Topic: Dirt Tracks Future  (Read 14768 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt Tracks Future
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2009, 12:47:38 pm »
Wayne Gardner and going forward.
 Sat 18 Oct 2008 
Recently Wayne and Toni Gardner travelled to spain and witnessed what they have in regards to junior development. You see in Spain, kids as young as 5 can start riding pocket bikes in witch hat marked out tracks throughout car parks, but are unable to begin racing on tracks until 9 and as most of us would agree is way to young.Unfortunately, Spain dont experience junior development as we do with their Dirt track being a graded 200 meter oval, no facilities, fencing or infastructure. That is why in Spain,9 year olds Road Race as they have nothing else. Motorcycling NSW and the board of directors are still working on a viable solution to junior road racing. We will have a solution which will set the standard for all junior road racing, being a safe system incorporating a developmental program should also be high on anybodies list of priorities when considering the safety of young children.Imagine having juniors utilising their motocross machines with slick tyres on Go-Kart facilities around the country in a controlled environment! Already parents from other countries are wanting to bring their kids into Australia to experience our system. Speaking with Wayne about the whole situation he believes australia has the highest standards of junior competition in the world.Our biggest problem is Dirt Track hasnt received any input or development for years.MA blames the competitors for this as we dont send in correspondence of what we think we need, I blame the commission for being incompetent,quick take the phone off the hook kids!Dirt Track for years has provided a fantastic grounding for road racing, motocross and speedway champions.This is about harnessing what we have let slip away in the past, from the world champions Australia have produced,hundreds have actually slipped away due to various reasons, burnt out, finances or no direction. At the time we are facing a world economic crisis. Controlling or changing Dirt Track could not come at a better time. 
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2009, 06:00:38 pm »
freaky the fact is ma needs a big boot up the clacker.as a member of a mnsw committee i for one am sick of making representations to ma for rule changes/deletionsetc to have those representations{which have come to us through the concerns & interest of riders]being ignored by ma without the courtesy of any rationale or explanation. it makes one think that these committees have been set up to give the riders etc the impression that they have a voice. well i have news for ma, the time for that kind of high handed bullshit has passed and those of us who put in time to be on these committees wont sit down quietly any more and put up with it!.all you blokes that are on these committees start socking it to em and demand that you be treated with the respect that those who voted for you assumed you get.cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2009, 11:09:13 pm »
Agree, i hate MA money theavin pricks, there only looking after there on modern agendas, i for one will be pushing our club this year to be doing more club property rides and using any excuse like a rain out not to pay track and ride fees, particulary as we keep asking for changes and help and get treated like shit.  IT just a business, and its worse when you over here MA SA wouldnt even be a blip on the radar but i know we paid out more then 50K in fees last year for next to shit and then they wanted to sell our track off even though it was bought and paid by members, but they though they could sell it off to help them pay for some land they bought in Murry bridge for some Road track that may or may not be finished by 2020 , umm and where would we be ridding till them < even assuming there is room for us tooo ?  dont get me started.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2009, 10:41:57 pm »
Kiss the slider goodby.... just wait and see if I'm right.

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2009, 08:43:43 pm »
who is going too the dirt track forum in sydney this saturday, to have a say in dirt tracks future????

Curly3

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 09:22:31 pm »
Conspiracy Theory???????????
Funny that they have the forum on this Saturday.
The State Dirt Track Champs are on this weekend along with the VMX Nationals on the Sunshine Coast.
I've got a big job on this Sat or I'd be there.
Hopefully the Sliders are looked after.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2009, 12:53:08 pm »
Funny how they are interstate ....... does the location ever change or is it alway a NSW group descion on the sport ?
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »
i was going but they where that slow with a reply i double book (pratice at nepean).

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 07:16:40 pm »
FREAKY YOU MENTIONED PAUL CASLICK
I SAW HIM RIDE AT QLD LONGTRACK TITLES
COPYBOOK PERFECT

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 09:51:47 pm »
From what i hear him and wayne are going to run out a MX based Dt series
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Curly3

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2009, 02:19:48 pm »
I'm a Drongo, everyone knows the state champs are on the 29/30th of this month. I musta been on the turps.

colmoody

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »
Wake up to yourself Curly.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2009, 01:31:06 pm »
I managed to grab a couple of hours late Sunday to go have a look and was impressed. A good roll up of riders, some excellent racing, and a smooth operation. I felt for the ladies and guys in the canteen, it was about 35 or so and no clouds so very warm, but luckily an overcast rolled in about mid arvo for a bit of respite.

I gotta say the track does look good now. They've done some work on the surface and it looked nice and fast. But the earthworks are amazing. They've built up a huge mound all the way round the main straight. It's at least 20 feet high and offers plenty of parking and a superb view of the action. The mound also deflects the sound (the main reason they built it), so it should help reduce noise complaints.

I was so impressed I might try a few local club days there next year on the 05 YZ125. I'd love to see a full on vintage day there, but HEAVEN isn't really into that so unless someone convinces the ACT club to run one I guess it won't happen. Still, you never know, do you?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2009, 12:36:31 am »
Any one got some pictures to post up of the changes since last year ?  be interested to see what it looks like incase we need to start some earth works on ourt track in a preemtive strike
74 Yamaha  flattracker's