Author Topic: classic dirt bike magazine  (Read 7869 times)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: classic dirt bike magazine
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 12:29:06 am »
Two different Mags  with two seperate agendas . Different format different reporting styles  but they are both about old dirt bikes..

Im sure we could all critique  each Mag  for whatever  personal reasons,thats just life and our own Bias. I am not  fussed on the to my eyes  excessive amount of advertisment  that has crept into VMX Mag  but I do realise the publishing  does come at a cost and someone needs to pay for it.

In the end  its up to us to either put our hand in  the pocket and pay for it if it suits our needs or not. If it dont suit leave it on the shelf .

All Things 414

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 08:10:52 am »
I LOVE the ads in VMX. I love the ink and the paper it drys on. I keep every bubble wrap cover that it arrives in and name them. There's Roger, Brad, Joel, Anthony, Gerrit, Pedro...........

TM BILL

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 11:19:25 am »
Great magazine got issue 4 yesterday, is it worth buying spares so i can retire when the price of back issues inflates Ala VMX.

All Things 414

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 01:06:35 pm »
Well issue 4 has just turned up and there's some good stuff in it. Dave Thorpe, a bit on the RM c's, AJS Stormer, Farliegh Castle races, The year that was '77 and a shit load of trials bikes......
And by the way. I'm all for another magazine. Even if most of the people are riding bikes that are pushing to get over walking pace and wearing push-bike helmets...... :D

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 10:29:23 am »
yeah i dont mind. Another magazine for old dirt bikes is all i want and the parts sources may be usefull. think about how many modern MX and classic road bike mags there are, certainly more than one. it will give me some additional reading when waiting for the next issue of VMX to come out.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 08:48:14 pm »
I got the first 4 issues of this magazine a little while ago and i must say i was quite impressed and not dissapointed at all. I was expecting to be bombarded with trials stuff but i didnt feel that way. I did get the impression there was a decent amount of trials stuff but i never thought it was too much for me to no longer buy it. I did read in one of the letters and someone requested more trials stuff so i guess they put a little more in a couple issues. I dont think trials people will ever have to complain about not enough trials stuff in magazines ever again!!!!. I reckon after a few more issues they should get it balanced out pretty well. i would like to see more stuff on enduro/trail bikes in this magazine and VMX though. So far ive never seen anything decent on the 79-86 KDX's or 76-86 IT's in any magazine. so if that can be improved i think everyone should be happy, well almost. I guess there is vintage dirt track and speedway too. Over all im happy to have 2 magazines now covering old dirt bikes :)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 10:26:52 pm »
I've kept out of this discussion up untill now, but I guess you might be interested to know that I also like what Classic Dirt Bike are doing with their mag and I enjoy reading it when it arrives as well.

Yes, there is well and truly more than enough room in the Vintage Dirt Bike market for two magazines and this is especially true when you get the two quite different appraoches that are VMX and CDB. 

Vive La Difference! ;D

Lastly, as I bleed Green when cut and rode only KDX's from 1987 through to 2004, I seriously doubt that KDXs will remain out of VMX for too much longer. ;)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 10:53:04 pm »
im trying to get a whole stack of pre 86 KDX sales brochures (some very rare) out of USA so when i do get them and you decide to run a article or 2 on KDX's i can lend them to you if you like.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 10:56:56 pm »
OK, great!  I'm sure Ken would appreciate that. ;)