Author Topic: General Dribble  (Read 13205 times)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: General Dribble
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 03:37:37 pm »
Come on guys lighten up will you.

If my kids were carrying on like you blokes I'd give them a kick up the backside and tell them to grow up.

This forum is just a bunch of blokes [and the occasional blokette] talking about old motorbikes. Step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and calm down. All this 'I'm gonna take my bat and ball and go home', and 'sticks and stones will break my bones'… stuff is just plain crazy.

Man, life is too short for this kind of crap!!!
Get over it will you…
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Doc

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2009, 04:44:11 pm »
Man, life is too short for this kind of crap!!!

exactly!! let talk bikes ;)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2009, 09:31:44 pm »
I don't really know quite what to say here. I have often said that I don't mind a bit of back and forwards and a bit of crap on here, it's usually a pretty balanced mix and I'm fine with that. But it's a two way street. People DO need to be aware that what they say can impact others. It's not OK to hide poor manners behind a 'this is a forum and you should be able to take it' excuse.

I want my forum to be a place where people come to chat about vintage dirtbikes. I don't mind a bit of meandering ff that topic, some general cut and thrust and so on. As long as it's actually interesting to read. But I agree, lately it's just getting a bit painful. I take Freaky's point and hope that once the season gets into gear it'll all get back to where it used to be. Still, why should we have to wait for that? Are we inundated with people who can't show good manners when they are bored?

Why should I keep paying money, and spending a lot of time, to support a forum that is getting clogged up with crap? I think we have reached a turning point. I'm not trying to be heavy handed, but a thread like this one that goes on and on with nothing new to say, but plenty of aggro, just isn't productive and doesn't lift the tone of the forum

I'm sorry, but I don't think we should just accept a slide in general standards and behaviours on the grounds that this is an internet forum. I want it to be better than that.

I appreciate the info, wisdom, advice, knowledge and humour injected by members like Firko and Doc and Tony T. A lot more than any number of aggressive smart arsed posts about nothing more than people wanting their 15 seconds of fame.

Turn it down OK?

I am now going to tell you that from here on in, I WILL lock or delete threads that I think are crap, like this one. And I will have no hesitation in banning people if they feel that they can't just say their piece and move on. And I WILL give greater tolerance to people like Firko who have earned their stripes and have a LOT to offer. And frankly, I don't give a toss if you don't like that. Go start your own forum

Let me have this one back to how it used to be. Friendly, informative, helpful and humourous.

And just ONE smart arse response to this and you'll be banned for a minimum of one week. If you want to comment, do so respectfully, intelligently and with something approaching reasonable use of the language.

Thank you.

Maico31

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2009, 09:36:42 pm »
Graeme i think that's exactly what you need to do, i've seen it work on other forums.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2009, 09:39:34 pm »
On ya Mate, stick it up em son .
Steven ,Alison and Ben
Best is in the West !!

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2009, 09:41:55 pm »
well said graeme ;)
lets get back to talking about
racing and fixing bikes etc 8)
follow me to first turn

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2009, 09:48:41 pm »
I started to post before when i was interrupted.
After reading your post Graeme, Amen.

PJR

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2009, 11:56:08 pm »
As one of the good old boys I couldn't have put it better Graeme.  ;)

eno

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2009, 12:24:34 pm »
Hmmm, gonna go incognito for a while....

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2009, 01:36:56 pm »
Just what the Doctor ordered. Good work Graeme.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »
Thanks Graeme.  :)

Offline Tankslapper

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Hydrosteer
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2009, 03:38:56 pm »
Graeme, I think its time to lock this one down.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2009, 06:03:17 pm »
Hey all  ;)

I agree with the 'slapper - time to put this one to bed.

I think alot of forum readers will miss Firko's posts because in the main they are informative and well researched. I now Mark as a friend who helped me out a lot with information when it was needed and it's a pity. Good thing for me he is only a phone call away but for others trying to research something, well best of luck ?

Likewise Walter, Doc, Tony - even Hornet too many bailing out here at the expense of other peoples BS.

Likewise other stalwarts have been driven off by inane posts (nothing to do with grammar, spelling etc - just plain crap) Still out there, just not contributing - nothing to do with grammar, spelling etc - just plain crap. I thought this forum was for all of the dirt community?

We are all meant to be adults here and I am sure if this was said around the campfire things can be put in context whereas here they are not. To use the campfire analogy if someone was telling a bunch of guys something interesting and the majority were captivated by it I doubt an individual who blurted in some load of shit  would be tolerated.

Next time ANY of us are posting something, re-read (and check spelling and grammar if you like, lol) and ask yourself is this a fair comment for the thread (even if it off the track it can still be anecdotal, funny but related to what was in the thread title was)

The old saying - "if you haven't anything sensible to say, don't say it" - applies here

Lock it down Mr Moderator - let's not lose anymore good people

Dave Mac (who ain't going anywhere, lol  ;D
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted