Author Topic: Yamaha CT1 OR DT1 pre-70 race bike.  (Read 6508 times)

firko

Re: Yamaha CT1 OR DT1 pre-70 race bike.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 11:59:01 pm »
There never was a rule change It's just an anomoly in the rules. The rules insist on a square swingarm for DT1s but the rules also allow for RT1s which as Nathan said, never had square swingarms. What's to stop you putting a 250 engine in a 360 frame? Nothing. It's so obvious I thought everyone saw the loophole. I guess not.

oldfart

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 09:36:47 am »
The book is full of loop holes, and used  as a guide. OTHERS use it to thier advantage thru the lack of wording or thier interpretation .
Will it get to a stage where the book has to re written in such a matter that reads much like most of our insurance policy ;D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 11:05:32 am »
In addition to what Firko said: the list of pre-70 eligible bikes include the AT1, CT1, DT1, and RT1 providing they have a piston port barrel (no mention of the swingarms at all).
There's a seperate, additional entry on the list for DT1s with piston port barrels and square swingarms.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 11:07:35 am »
Does nice wrok doesn't he 8); nice price too :o. Not quite NOS original with powdercoated frame etc but excellent work. Do you like the 'heat sink' dip stick?

firko

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 11:22:46 am »
Graeme, I presume you're referring to the DT1 GYT post on the Yamaha section. You've posted in the wrong thread but whatever, that heat sink dip stick is the coolest thing. I've got a couple of them,one is going on the Cheney. I think there's one on eBay right now for $40 buy it now. (I had a quick look but can't find it at the moment).