Author Topic: yamaha  (Read 1629 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
yamaha
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »
i need an exhaust pipe to modify for my xt500 slider. basically i need just the engine pipe down to below the clutch cover. possibly one of an sx 500 might be better, the pipe on it is pretty horrible ---welded up out of bits & pieces i'd like to make a better one. also can any one suggest a piston that i could use on my rt1? it siezed it in the 25 lapper at the nepean 2 day & i now have 2 rti barrells that are already plus 40.since the class is over 250 cc, over size is not a problem, maybe some model 400 piston might do the job...any clues?...cheers wally.[sponsored by centerlink]
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: yamaha
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
Piston port or reed-valve RT1?

I can point you in the direction of some reed-valve barrels if they help (I sold them to a mate just recently, and am assuming that he'd be willing to part with one of the four he got...).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »
 my rti is pre 70 piston port and i therefore need a piston port to keep it eligible plus i rather fancy the thought of a few more cubes thanks for your reply ...wally.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »
wally
you can get the right piston for your non read valve 360rt1 to keep it pre 1970 i have 4 but they are all over 1mm oversize.ebay usa is were i got mine from.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »
thanks for the info jim i have never used ebay but my daughter inlaw is an expert i'll get help,   cheers wally.