Author Topic: Heaven - QVMX - Viper : State of Origin  (Read 20329 times)

HeavenVMX

Re: Heaven-QVMX-Viper: 'Linsdale' State of Origin
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 07:30:31 pm »
Utube video of Craig Anderson on CR500RE at Port Macquarie circuit 2 Oct 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HBxGQuIdr0&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:02:55 pm by HeavenVMX »

HeavenVMX

Re: Heaven - QVMX - Viper : State of Origin
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 11:56:29 pm »
Fastest Pre75 I have seen since weeeeelllll 1975. This young guy did the 3rd fastest Classic bike lap of the weekend on a 1973 YZ250. This video was the final Pre75 Moto on Sunday after he ran away with the previous two. It is worth a look

NSW rider on a Qld bike 8) ;D what a great spirit of sportsmanship 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0EVFJXp_4

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 07:40:52 am »
I rekon he might have done a lap or two on a modern around there...you could tell where he brakes hard on the modern cos he left the track on the old girl :D

great vision and the sound of that zinger wailing away was great

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2017, 09:33:23 am »
He has never been to that track before that weekend and had never seen a bike that old let alone ride it. Very impressive
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2017, 03:54:41 pm »
Does anyone have any footage from the sideline of this young bloke or any other from this meet ? Not getting picky and the gopro stuff is ok but it all looks the same imo and doesnt show the bikes/rider on the start or in fullflight -cheers -PS missed this meet cant wait for the next origin ????????

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2017, 05:30:02 pm »
right...I suspected as much as he is riding it like a modern bike (complete with rev limiter action over the jumps), took a lap or so to twig the brakes!

HeavenVMX

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2017, 08:57:03 pm »
Does anyone have any footage from the sideline of this young bloke or any other from this meet ? Not getting picky and the gopro stuff is ok but it all looks the same imo and doesnt show the bikes/rider on the start or in fullflight -cheers -PS missed this meet cant wait for the next origin ????????

I know what you mean RA77. It is difficult to get a bit of perspective.

By the Sunday a lot of Pre85, Pre90, Pre95 and many Vets were making their way to the spectator mounds to watch the Pre75s he was that inpressive.

During practice he was over-jumping the table tops and flat landing. He was sensible and mature enough to listen to people and from his second ride he was using the bike on the table tops perfectly. Have not seen a Pre75 throw large rooster tails like we watched on the jump down ramps since 1974 at Curro park when I watched Per Kitland and Brian Martin go at it 8)

I will see what I can chase up as far as videos go.

State of Origin is on again on the Oct long weekend at Port Macquarie this year. I have keard a whisper that Queenland and the Vics are already planning BIG things this year  8) 8) 8) ;D looking forward to it :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:25:45 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2017, 09:31:34 pm »
Cheers greg ! certainly sounds like a great display of riding on an iconic 7&4 bike and your spot-on about  per & brian both spectacular riders in their time

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2017, 10:12:04 pm »
If anyone wants to see that 73 YZ go around get yourselves to Mountain Man at Toowoomba on the 11/12 March. Only this time it will have his faster brother racing it. You wanna see a short travel bike scrub and whip, be there.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B