Author Topic: Ebay/paypal  (Read 8770 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay/paypal
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 03:40:16 pm »
Ebay UK just sent a message saying that they judged in his favour as I didn't send the return postage amount within the 5 day period set by them (it took the buyer 4 days to send the amount of 275 British pounds), which is utter BS, so I checked UK postal service myself & got quoted 62 pound. I advised both ebay & the buyer I would gladly pay the 62 pound but no more. I had previously complained to ebay UK that the buyer was once again slow to respond to which they said yes, we are watching the case, but by then the 5 days were up & I get told too late sunshine, you're gone. By the way, I've been able to respond to all messages sent by ebay UK, until this one, no reply option. Fuchs!!!!!!!
K

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 06:47:17 pm »
Contact ebay AU. If you go through the 'help' section, you will eventually get to an option where you can actually email them. You cant do it with ebay USA. Just quote the ebay number, explain whats going on and the issue with ebay UK and the buyer and then ebay AU should help you. I have found that to be the case anyway.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 08:39:22 pm »
Ebay AU put me through to ebay UK appeals where I wasted an hour talking to what sounded like a young girl who addressed me by Mr. Michael in a definitely not English accent. Got told I had till 11 Oct to appeal the decision although on many occasion stated but that's what I'm doing now. Their solution was to contact the buyer on my behalf & politely ask him to return my item, then wait for his response after which I could appeal again as long as it's before 11 October. I tried to explain that they had taken any & all reason away for him to return my item as they had given him his money back & he still had my item. Deaf ears at the other end. She did say she would report the buyer for abusing the ebay system, I guess I'll only know if he sooks. They are very good at duck shoving & tried to put it on Paypal saying that I should take it up with them, although all correspondence was from ebay UK. Anyway I'm over it now, they aren't getting reimbursed by me & it's goodbye to ebay & Paypal from me. I doubt my life will be any worse without them.
This is a lesson for sellers although of what it teaches I'm unsure.
K

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 09:15:46 pm »
Well, if nothing else, you've cured me thinking I might ever sell anything on feebay.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 01:56:56 pm »
im a buyer and never been a seller as no 'puter' skills for pics but after reading what happen to BigK ill never be a seller as its too easy for the dishonest types get your parts for free and time out so you dont get your parts back which they can resell on ebays guntree sites and pay no fees! as others have said you can have multiable ebay accounts so they can scam the fork out of alot of sellers legally which im sure alot do, its a shame coz now alot of scorces for good parts will dry up just as BigK has done making it hard to finish off projects >:( :(

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 02:00:11 pm »
Michael, if they can't access an account to rip the money off you, is there any possibility that you could end up with a bad credit rating against your name. It might be worth your time to ask the proper authority whether that could happen or maybe even the Dept of Fair Trading. The whole system stinks and leaves all sellers vulnerable to this kind of "couldn't care less" behaviour.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 03:13:46 pm »
Thought of that Rob & will proceed with care on that one, I may be caught between a rock & a hard place. It's just wrong, ebay couldn't give 2 hoots about me as a reputable seller, you can't rack up almost 1000 positive feedbacks by doing the wrong thing but they don't take any of that into account & really didn't want to listen to any of my points. In their eyes, time was up even though they confirmed through the email trail that I had contacted the buyer & requested the information for the return to proceed & agreed that I did everything correctly other than complete the cycle within the allotted time frame regardless of the fact that I couldn't comply because of the buyers (complainant) slow responses. At one point the girl said I should have dispatched a courier to collect the item, when I asked her to explain how I could do that with me being in Australia & him in UK, she couldn't answer other than to say, well that's what you should have done! The buyer has since sent his Paypal address asking for the 70 pounds (AU$160) to return the item, but what do I do now? Send him the money & hope he's trustworthy enough to send it or risk losing a further $160? In reality he has no reason to send it back & has created a further opportunity to get up me. Is it any wonder people snap & go nuts?
K

Offline 211

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 05:00:46 pm »
I sold a part for a boat - I know a lot about boat parts and the part in particular I would consider myself an expert on - 35 years in the business. The buyer decided he didn't want it and even though I told him that it wasn't complete and it was listed as parts only and not complete he lodged a complaint and EBay took the money from my account and gave it back to him and told him to keep the part. No amount of arguing would convince EBay and no amount of prior discussion would when I showed them the inter EBay emails - they could not care one little bit what I thought or that I had anything to contribute.
When I asked for the part back I was told too late they had advised the buyer to keep it FFS.
Now days I do very little selling on EBay - but had many thousands of trouble free transactions that mean nothing in the end.
Someone needs to start up something else.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 05:31:48 pm »
that sux bigtime Dave,how do e bay sellers get on when they state "no returns" on for sale items,i've noticed that on some, :P
ps don't mind being a buyer,(have a good rating  ::)),be a fugging cold day in hell before i'd be a seller
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!