Author Topic: Ebay/paypal  (Read 8772 times)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
Ebay/paypal
« on: September 05, 2015, 09:23:20 am »
I made an offer on an item & got it for that price however it took the seller over a week to calculate the postage(from England to OZ) offering all kinds of explanations why it was taking so long,I asked for a price before bidding & was told 70 pounds,the invoice says 77 so I am cool with that, I am now reluctant to pay (scam maybe?? :-\) As it's a lot of dough & I am concerned about the 30 day money back deal,My question is,does the 30 days kick in from payment date or the day you won or pressed buy it now?  I have tried to figure it out on paypal but can't seem to find an answer,any body know? Thanks :)

Offline curly001

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay/paypal
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 09:43:33 am »
payment date.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:20 am »

I think it's a good bit longer than 30 days now if you have PayPal issue.
Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline curly001

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:32:59 pm »
It's 60 days for any dispute but they have the 30 day money back thing for there power sellers.

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 04:42:45 pm »
Contact PayPal by phone and talk to them ;).
If you love it, lube it.

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 05:46:15 pm »
Its actually called Ebay Money Back Guarantee now.  You will be fine with your purchase.  You have 30 days from when it arrives, not from when you purchased it.

"A buyer must request a return no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller's return window is longer, within the return window." http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

I recently purchased an old Trail and Track magazine.  The centre pages were missing.  I put in a complaint and the seller kicked up 7 types of shit.  Ebay gave me my money back and told me to keep the mag.

Cheers,
Alex

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 09:21:51 am »
Cool,Thank's for your help guys,I will pay with confidence now :)

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 12:09:46 pm »
Ebay supports the buyer no matter what. The seller has zero power.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 02:35:42 pm »
That in itself is flawed. I have nearly 1000 positive feedbacks (no negative) but am having difficulty with a buyer who has clearly changed his mind, as the item is as per the description which included detailed photos. Now he's playing games with the return thing. Ebay has intervened and will no doubt judge in favour of the buyer & I'll get shafted. If this does indeed happen, I will no longer be one of ebay & PayPal's cash cows. They've had enough of my money in fee's for them to not look at both sides of the story. They say they are and will judge fairly & to quote "we hope you will continue to sell on ebay", but we all know it won't happen.
K

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 03:08:28 pm »
Ebay supports the buyer no matter what. The seller has zero power.

Yep.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 12:26:05 pm »
What a joke, after the buyer stalling until time for me to resolve the issue has expired, ebay has closed the case & refunded his money & is now demanding that I reimburse them the full $665 without getting the item back. I called ebay customer centre only to be told that I have to speak with ebay UK (the guy I spoke to was in the Phillipines mind you), when they are open (after 6:15pm our time). I will make the call but pretty much know once again I'll get fobbed off. One thing for sure is they won't be getting one cent from me until the item is returned & sitting on my desk. Looks like it's the end of ebay & paypal for me.
K

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 12:56:49 pm »
K - just watch them as well - should any funds go into your account they will help themselves to it against your "debt"
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 01:30:30 pm »
Ebay as stated, aside with the buyer following the notion of the customer always being right. As a seller we are suppose to be able to absorb costings that should have been factored into the selling price of our commodities just like a normal retail situation. If a retailer does not factor a percentage of this in to the tag price they are soon looking at red ink. If a retailer refuses a refund they end up in the courts with costs that usually outweigh the initial amount so they cave  and refund the customer for any reason.

We can all see where this is going and im fairly sure it’s a contributing factor into why low volume sellers are fleeing ebay in droves. It would also explain the inflated prices seen by some sellers.

No I don’t think its fair trading or moral but it is retail. You are perfectly  within your rights to wait for the goods to be returned  before remitting a refund. Ebay are just making themselves look good to the customer so they continue to input money. And they will deduct the funds from your account.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 03:21:47 pm »
I'm well aware they'll attempt to get at my account, good luck with that! I have ended everything I had listed for sale on ebay, cancelled the credit card & closed the bank account linked to my Paypal account. Just waiting to have the conversation with them again tonight before I cancel my ebay & Paypal accounts.
K

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »
I wonder if this isn't a scam, appears like old mate deliberately held out on you K.
He gets his money reimbursed, and gets to keep the part too. Its only his good will to return said part to you. And really, how will ebay force him to return it. He just kills that account, and starts another.
Ridiculous in this day, and age, that ebay favours the buyer. You'd think they would investigate, and then deliver a verdict. One of many things I dislike, about dealing on ebay.
Hope you get your part back bigk.

Cheers, Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.