Author Topic: Bultaco are back (again)  (Read 2719 times)

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Bultaco are back (again)
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:54:38 am »
And this time it's the Bulto family who are behind the bike:

Offline Michael Moore

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Euro Spares
Re: Bultaco are back (again)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 07:13:22 am »
Do you have any more details on this?

thanks,
Michael

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 07:30:05 am »
Mike, I don't know a lot about it. It was announced a few weeks ago and the release was international and simultaneous in some pretty swanky venues. Sammy Miller was the guest of honour at the UK release.

It's electric and it is a genuine Bulto family effort. The last resurrection had no Bulto involvement  and they sold the rights to the name for a limited period to Sherco and Derbi.

I expect to see a 'leccy trials bike too and soon'ish. The trials guys have little problem with the idea of electric trials bikes.

Offline Michael Moore

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Euro Spares
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 11:43:32 am »
Electric explains why there's a big Harley-Sportster style air cleaner on the side of the bike.

:)

I couldn't figure out just what was going on in the engine room, but I was more interested in that they appear to have a Hossack or Saxon type of FFE (funny front end).

cheers,
Michael

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 02:13:23 pm »
Need an Italian designer ASAP. Thats just ugly.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »
i don't Class "Electric" as bikes (my opinion) they just don't look or sound right. more like 2 wheel scaletrix jiggers

they may be the future but i'm in the past and happy to stay there.

and like Slakewell said there are ugly forkers too.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 06:04:26 pm »
yeah lecky bikes got no noise, vibes or nice smelling twoee fumes so couldn't imagine the old skool boys throwing a leg over them!! and when the electronics/batteries shite themselves it wont be as cheap as doing up a twoee motor either.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 07:36:04 pm »
and when the electronics/batteries shite themselves it wont be as cheap as doing up a twoee motor either.
Interesting that Prius buyers are shitting themselves at having to buy new battery packs  (approx $7.000 I have been told) but that is similar to a modern engine rebuild and they last about the same time, so not a lot of difference these days.

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 07:55:28 pm »
Other side:

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 08:59:06 pm »
ok your saying those battery packs are good for 3 to 400,000 kays coz I know vl comms with the jap motor can do those kays with oil changes kept up to them and electric car owners still need to buy power from someone to recharge overnight. are the electric motor brushless or brushed coz comutators wear out also and can you tow a trailer without blowing the mosfets out due to increased heat? I think the electric car has along way to go before id want to own one of them ;)