Author Topic: eBay shipping rippoff.  (Read 6933 times)

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: eBay shipping rippoff.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 02:21:03 pm »
ladies and gents,I can give you a contact in New York that's willing to receive then forward and even try to track down a part you're after for a small fee.PM me for the contact address if interested.Just remember though the part still needs to be posted within the US then add shipping to Aus.He won't pay for the parts on your behalf but that's to be expected.I think I've been lucky to date as all my postage costs to Aus for items from both the US and UK have been very reasonable. Hope it stays that way!!

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 08:57:46 am »
I'm not defending the seller but maybe it took 10 minutes of his time to pack the book plus there's a cost with the packaging materials. Maybe he then had to drive, 5, 10, 15 or perhaps even 30 minutes to the closest post office, park his car stand in line, etc, etc, etc. No matter which way you look at it, there has to be at least 1/2 an hour of handling time which may well account for the $40 odd dollars over the actual postage fee. He possibly could have explained things a bit better.
I have a post office 3 klms away from me but be damned if I can get there & back in less than 30 minutes anytime of the day, any day. Especially bad on Thursdays.
K

The way I see it, if you don't want to go to the post office, then sell it as local pick up and reduce your buyer market and end price. Part and parcel of selling to a world wide market and getting a better bidding price is having to go to the post office. ie, it's part of the job.

The best cure for insomnia is to stop drinking coffee, or none after 2pm.

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »
I'm new on your forum, but not new to vintage MX. I own a 83 KX125
I would be too happy to forward anything within reason to you at my cost.
I live in the US about 100 miles south of New York City

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 07:19:56 am »
Just recieved 5 speedway sprockets from UK,Poastage $32.00 aust.
Another 5 came up on UK ebay , after reading this thread i sent message to ask how much to post to Aust ?,
Reply $176.00 aust .
Buyer Beware
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS