Author Topic: Dirt Track History, who can help?  (Read 10442 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt Track History, who can help?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 06:24:57 pm »
I hear what both Slidz and Pancho are saying, but really, set your gearing/tyres/head for whatever surface ya ridin' on and Bob's ya Uncle, I didn't mind riding on whatever track, Griffith was the all-time favourite, but the Wyalong was like tar in places, loved it, Yass was loose deco, loved it. Wabanumba, Young was something else,bloody fast !! a top track.
Foss

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 04:57:04 pm »
I loved Griffith and the OLD Temora track, which was longer and faster...........My favourite track was Amaroo Park........ 8)
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 05:01:42 pm »
My favourite track was Amaroo Park
Me too....and Broadford.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 05:36:59 pm »
My favourite track was Amaroo Park
Me too....and Broadford.

Interesting... ::)......I'm entering for Broadford tomorrow..... ::) 8)
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 09:41:36 am »
See you gents there.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »
On the matter of history, can someone give me a potted version of who John Langfield is and his expertise? I mean, I know who he is and that he was a top rider back in the day, but I don't really know that much about him. I'm after just a few paragraphs that sum up who he is and his authority/expertise in dirt track.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 10:49:06 pm »
Give John a call he will put it in his own words

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 07:12:51 pm »
One of his old solos is in the Nabiac Museum.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 01:52:11 pm »
On the matter of history, can someone give me a potted version of who John Langfield is and his expertise? I mean, I know who he is and that he was a top rider back in the day, but I don't really know that much about him. I'm after just a few paragraphs that sum up who he is and his authority/expertise in dirt track.
If you are looking for 'anecdotes' there is no shortage!! Especially from those blokes who rode through the '60s short circuit!
cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 08:09:24 am »

Langy ?? A few paragraphs ??? Bloody hell, you'd need a Library !!! Brilliant coaching kids, a hard man on the track, I've seen a side of Langy that few see, a VERY complex man and a proud Aussie, he always gets up me for being a Pom, one of the Old Enemy !!
Foss

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 12:12:15 pm »
Langy ?? A few paragraphs ??? Bloody hell, you'd need a Library !!! Brilliant coaching kids, a hard man on the track, I've seen a side of Langy that few see, a VERY complex man and a proud Aussie, he always gets up me for being a Pom, one of the Old Enemy !!
Foss
I know it's got bugger all to do with the thread subject but I just had a giggle to myself recalling Langy's dummy spit at the Griffith dirt track Nats which led to him sulking in his car, watching old Mr Bean episodes on his laptop. Fluck that was funny Foss ;D ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 01:18:33 pm »
Foss
I know it's got bugger all to do with the thread subject but I just had a giggle to myself recalling Langy's dummy spit at the Griffith dirt track Nats which led to him sulking in his car, watching old Mr Bean episodes on his laptop. Fluck that was funny Foss ;D ;D
I remember that episode ;D ;D
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 01:32:51 pm »
Yeah, well I guess that incident is part of Dirt Track history, eh? Firko, there was a bit more unseen goin' on there, too.
Foss
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:34:43 pm by JAP 454 »